[Solved] Bug? Custom template upsets Fabrik installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddy-O

I use Joomla 3.2.1 and Fabrik 3.1rc2.
I made a copy of the bootstrap folder in the com_fabrik\views\list\tmpl directory, called it accordion, and changed the default.php somewhat.
Then I chose the list I created earlier and pointed front end to accordion template and the back end to the bootstrap template.

Result: front end shows the bootstrap template and the back end shows the bootstrap template with an Undefined offset: 0 error.
Even after completely deleting contents of the list folder and copying everything back from a former project with clean Fabrik 3.1rc2 files I get this error.
And yes I close browsers and emptied cache and restarted Apache.

This looks pretty bad to me :confused:

I can't replicate (nor with recent GitHub version nor with 3.1rc2).
Are you running any CSS or JS compressing 3rd party extension?
Did you clear Joomla and browser cache?

No, nothing exotical, thank you for examination.
I cleared everything imaginable.
I will try again with a clean installation and database.
Will post results here.

Well, the error was caused by my attempt to output the object array for reference, like in Rob's video on custom templates.
What the problem is now is that whatever I do with my custom template, it just will not show.
Is there a security configuration that says "allways load default when output not like expected" or something?
Have cleaned caches, closed browser, cleaned services, but still [getting mad] .

Whatever I do, it's the bootstrap template that loads on the front end, not my custom template. @%$*
Have checked the Fabrik tables in my database and assured that my custom template is in the columns that refer to the front end view where the list to be custom outputted is mentioned, but nope.
Only overwriting default.php in the bootstrap folder is working, but then the back end also uses my custom template, which is not something preferential.
Are there more people that have experienced problems with custom versus bootstrap templates for front end and back end?

Okay I got it solved.
In the description of the content plugin in Joomla Plugin Manager it says:
For which ever view you choose you can change its template by adding 'layout=templatename'
I misinterpreted this as layout= 'templatename' but it should be layout=templatename like
{fabrik view=list id=1 listname___elementname=foobar layout=templatename
Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back