[Solved] SQL error when Record in database is set to No

NickC4555

Joomla 3.2.1
Fabrik 3.1rc2 + latest Github update

I have 2 forms both of which go to the error page and show SQL=" on submission when Record in database is set to No. They work without error when it is set to Yes.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions, please.

I'm not seeing an SQL error - but i did get an error thrown, if no redirect plugin was set. That is because the default option is to return to the list view after (which if you aren't recording to the db doesn't exist)

Thanks for your replies.

Rob: It's got a redirect plugin set, which does work when record in database is set to yes.
Sophist: The entire error is "SQL="

Well - I do get the SQL error, but I cannot be certain whether the error message is really SQL= or whether your special template error page is truncating it to that.

Can you turn off the special error handling and allow the default error page to show?

Otherwise I will need to leave this to Rob who has access to the site details (which I don't because I am not a Fabrikar staff member).

With another template, the standard Joomla error page has "Error: 0" in the title bar and the same "SQL=" in the detail box at the bottom.

Is this a form which has been recording to the database originally?
Can you enable fabrik debug (in Fabrik "Options")?

I have had it set to record in database - the error doesn't happen in that mode. I have enabled fabrik debug.

I have had it set to record in database
This may be an issues.
If you want to use a form not recording to DB it's best to create the form directly.

But if the form is not recording to DB I assume you have a redirect/email/php plugin.
Which one(s), which settings?
Is this form inserted via content plugin?

Now you're onto something. The form is inserted using the content plugin. I tried it displaying directly from a menu item and the error doesn't occur. Unfortunately for this application it has to be displayed using the plugin.

Did you try to create a new form (not list), directly set to not recording to DB and use this form in the article?
After creating the new form you can move your elements to this form (edit element, select new group, save), so you don't need to create new elements.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back