Sort List By Current User

automan25

I'm trying to get a list to only show records related to the current user by using a prefilter with the code below as explained in the wiki:

{$my->id}

The problem is it doesn't work. If I hard code the id of the current user to say "6", then it filters the list just fine. Any ideas what is going on here?

There's more to setting up a filter properly than just changing one option. What are the values in the other option columns?
The element that you are filtering/comparing as EQUALS to {$my->id} should contain the userid - and you must specify the raw value of that element if that element is configured to use anything other than the user ID as the label; else you would be comparing the label (i.e. the user name or username) to the id ({$my->id}) - and it wouldn't work; which is what I suspect you did.

I followed the directions on the wiki, which mentioned using the RAW value and setting the type to 'text'. As far as I know I have it set up correctly. Like I said, the filter works when I set the value to equal a specific user ID. It is the code to dynamically pull the current user id that seems to not be working properly.

Is the element you are comparing it to a 'User' element or just some 'Field' element that contains a userID - and if so, is it stored in the table as an integer or text? Try setting the type to 'No quotes' instead. I know the Wiki says to use 'Text' but that is what I use when comparing a 'User' element - or when comparing against a number (i.e. when comparing a field that is stored as a number/decimal). If you are using a 'User' element and still have a problem, try changing the placeholder to whatever you have the label set to be shown as - e.g. {$my->name} - in which case, you would use 'Text' as the Type.

You also didn't mention if the filter is being set in the List itself - or as part of a Menu configuration. (I have a feeling the 2 different possible 'set filter' situations might be behaving differently and that is what causes the confusion.)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back