Soting data in groups

jeanl

Hi

I hope I can explain my request adequately. I have a list and data is grouped according to a status, eg Started, In-Progress, Completed. Data is sorted by date. I would like to ask if there is a way to sort the data either ascending or decending, based on which group it falls into?

Thank you in advance.

You mean e.g. if Status=Started sort ascending, else descending?
I think you have to use a custom list template and change the array order of these groups.

You mean e.g. if Status=Started sort ascending, else descending?
I think you have to use a custom list template and change the array order of these groups.
Troester. Thank you. Yes, so where status is "Completed" for example I want it sorted ascending, and where status is "In Progress" I want it sorted decending. The list is grouped by status.

The Wiki will help: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/creating-a-custom-list-template/
For what you're up to, you'll need to have or gain good knowledge of PHP, particularly of dealing with arrays and objects. Or, if that's a no-no, eventually hire someone who knows.
Thank you. Looking at the info in the wiki, I think it is safe to say I haven't got even a clue where to start. I suppose I will have to find someone who can do it for me, or just live with the sorting as is.

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Copy bootstrap template, in default.php around line 112

if ($groupedBy == 'your status with alternate sorting') {$group = array_reverse($group);}
foreach ($group as $this->_row) : ...

Copy bootstrap template, in default.php around line 112

if ($groupedBy == 'your status with alternate sorting') {$group = array_reverse($group);}
foreach ($group as $this->_row) : ...
Hi Troester

Thank you. I will take a look. I use a custom template that Hugh still made for me, so not too sure I have the skills to do this, but will look at the code and let you know.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back