Strange problem with Fabrik connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfquestiaux

I have a development site on one of my virtual servers, as a sub-directory of the main domain (site Joomla 3.1/Fabrik 3.1RC1).

Everything works fine but if I test the Fabrik connection, I get a 404 error because apparently Fabrik is looking for this sub-directory... in another virtual server (on the same physical server). It seems that is the first one in alphabetical order.

This does not seem too bad since everything works fine and I don't need to test the connection, BUT when I enable sh404SEF, I get a Fatal error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getConnection() on a non-object in /home/realjoomquest/public_html/encredemo/components/com_fabrik/helpers/parent.php on line 1384

I suspect this is related since it's about connection.
The error goes away if I turn sh404SEF off.

Update on the situation: the test of the connection is fine. I had a type for "live site" in the configuration.php file (wwww instead of www), but the fatal error is still there when I enable sh404SEF.

No the test connection is gone (wrong setting, my mistake).
The error is in the front-end when sh404SEF is on.

I don't have sh404sef installed anywhere I can test with.

Can you raise this on the group chat when we're around in there, and we'll have a look at your site together. I'm reluctant to install sh404sef anywhere on my test server(s), as I've had some bad experiences with it ...

-- hugh

The error message when you open the connection was due to a bug in the check with the encrypted password. It's been corrected by Rob (although I think he forgot to commit his fix to GitHub).

The fatal error is due to the sh404SEF sef plugin for Fabrik (located in components > com_fabrik > sef_ext).
It concerns multilingual sites and the error goes away when you activate the language management within sh404SEF (which is the way to go if you want to use it on a multilingual site).

I rewrote the plugin for Fabrik 3.1RC2. It will be available on GitHub shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back