Student Transcript and Verfication System

dwaine18

Hello,

I have been using Joomla for the past 4 years and I am a pretty average user. However, I just started to use Fabrik, and although the concept of it is simple, I cannot wrap my head around just how I should proceed. I need to build a student transcript system that will accomplish the following things:

Admin (Back end) Functions
1) Enter Student Grades, Semester, experience and hours and match them with a Joomla User
2)Authorized Admin can edit all records
3)Option to print records on a special PDF background(Not required but would be nice if could be done).

Front End user functions
Student can see only his/her own records
Authorized professions can enter the system and verify an experience which they are authorized to verify
Authorized non-user can verify the experience of a student by entering their last name and a verification number.

Please please help me understand what steps I need to follow to have this done, the sheer magnitude of capabilities of fabrik is so large that it is just too much to process as a novice user, however, once the steps are outlayed for me, I am sure I can get the ball rolling on this.

Thanks so much in advance,
Dwayne

Create Joomla user groups and access levels you need (e.g. student, admin, profession)
Admin:
Create a list, add student profile elements + all elements needed to set up a Joomla user
Add the jUser form plugin to the form (match the necessary elements)
With this form you can add a new student + automatically create a Joomla user

Create a list with elements for grades..., including an element to hold the studentId (user or databasejoin element) and eg an element holding the professionID.
Set add/edit access (e.g. add=admin, edit = admin or use field=professionId-element, so professions can edit "their" records)
Add a prefilter so students can see only their own records
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/pre-filters/#show-records-belonging-to-the-logged-on-user

PDF: enable form PDF button (you may create a custom PDF layout)

Authorized non-user: ? some php validations or canEditRow list plugin (depends on the setup, how the "authorisation" is collected...)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back