tab key fixed... but now ENTER key with inlineedit fields displayed

skyrun

rob, remember the bug when there is a form displayed and inlineedit fields and you can't press tab since the tab is seen by the inlineedit fields that are on the screen also (in the background of a form box, OR when a list is displayed on the bottom of a form are 2 ways this can happen)?

you fixed the tab one, but in testing, we've found another one... the ENTER key also goes to the inlineedit code and causes the top left box to open (which can even be off the screen, so it's quite confusing). we have a text box on our form, so pressing enter is something we need to be able to do. also pressing enter to save the form...

use-case to see it:
go to http://www.skyrun.com/skyforce/leads/form/3/258?sf_activity___lead_id_raw=258
click on one of the activity fields (just once is enough to get the grey box on).
now go up to the 'notes' field and try to press 'enter'...

NOTE: i think if you could get the grey-box to dissappear whenever the focus goes to any other form field... it would also work... the real issue is that you can't get the grey box to dissappear once it's there... other than by refreshing the screen. note that pressing ESC will visually remove the grey box... but doesn't fix the issue....

hi Barry - can't seem to see the inline edit on that page anymore. Did you remove it? Hmm in fact it seems that there are js errors occuring when you use the minified js files. For now I have the site loading the non-minified js files.

In github I've altered the code so that the enter key is only trapped now when a list cell is active. I think this is what you needed but I'm not 100% sure.

it's there on the bottom of that url (the activity list is inlineedit). it works better now, but still not perfect (imho).

now if you select an element for inline editing, you can press ESC and then enter key works. but would be more intuitive if you didn't have to press ESC, and the selecting of another form element on the page (onfocus) would cause the 'ESC' action so you don't have to remember to do it which most people wouldn't.

good point, I've altered things so a mouse click outside of the list clears down the selection. Changes are in github

Yup, i've added an override to /media/com_fabrik/css/fabrik.css:

CSS:
textarea.fabrikinput {
height: initial;
}
which overrides the bootstrap height properties which were overriding the rows setting

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back