Table display/Ajax popup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickbunyan

Site running J!3.2.2 which was rebuilt and restored from an older J!2.5 version after a hack attack... :-(
It appears there are some of the old J!2.5 files still kicking around.

Most of the site runs fine, but there is no 'close button' visible on Ajax popup windows when using Ajax to display details/View of table data. List view works fine, and form view works fine when the 'Use Ajax for Details' setting is off, but obviously this doesn't use a popup.

After checking with Hugh, I have updated to the latest Fabrik 3.1 from Github, and uploaded the new version to the site as per wiki instructions.

This appears to have engendered some changes but not for the better as the table
  • display is now corrupt.

I would willingly remove all css files and restore clean from Joomla/Fabrik sources if I could find a clean way of identifying what needs removing...

Hoping Hugh can identify what is being called in error and/or what to refresh.

Since working with Hugh last night the problem of the column data not displaying has apparently been resolved and the content plugin seems to be working.
The new template uploaded also appears to be working for the most part although the original issue of 'no close button' on the Ajax popups remains, quite possibly because of the template.

The whole site also appears to be very slow to load anything at the moment, particularly table data. Can Hugh/Rob please confirm that there is no diagnostic code running at the moment ????

I will work on recreating the existing template 'bootstrap style' as soon as I can and see if that resolves the missing button problem. Thanks guys.

Sorry, thought I'd already followed up on this one.

Yes, after our last session, I found the problems.

All the display related stuff is down to your site template not being Bootstrap aware. If you switch to Protostar, you'll see that all your lists, display views, modal controls, etc are there, and properly formatted.

There's really nothing we can do about supporting non Bootstrap site templates. As of J! 3.2, it's basically a pre-requisite for running both J! and Fabrik. So you'll have to talk to the authors of the one you are using, or switch.

The thing with the missing columns was an issue with the content plugin, a sall change which had been made the day we started testing the other issue, which kind of confused things.

Anyway, test your site with Protostar, and see if a) your formatting issues are fixed, and b) if any of the performance issues change? And no, there is no special diagnostic or debugging code running.

-- hugh

Hey Hugh. Many thanks for sorting the content problem.

I will work on the Templating issue offline and see how best to resolve it with the Clients template...

Closing this thread and will open a new one if necessary as the column data is now working ok.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back