Table Filter Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrh74a

Hi, I've got an application that lists training providers and want to filter it based on the region they cover; a simple filter on a region column works. This is fine when they only work in one region of the country, but there are some that provide courses in more than one region, for example, a trainer operates both in North West and Wales regions. I have the table set up with flags for each region, so the provider can indicate which regions they cover. e.g. a table with columns:

trainer_name
south_west
south_east
north_east
north_west
wales
scotland

So in the case above the triainer would have a 'Y' in north_west and wales, and I want to have a drop down on the table form that allows the user to say I want to see all training providers in wales. This filter should find all the records with wales set to 'Y', but using the same drop down if they change it to north_west, it should display all records with this set to 'Y'.

Any help?

Cheers
Mark

hi Mark

You won't be able to do it this way.
Filters work on one database column.
So you can either:

1 - Create filters for each region

or

2 - Replace the four location fileds wth a checkbox element called location (with its filtering turned on) and give it options southwest, southeast etc.

Cheers
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back