Table Structure Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

maleman

How do I get Fabrik to recognize the changes made to the table structure. Do I have to delete the list out of Fabrik and recreate everything?

Thanks for your help!

Do you mean you have accidentally deleted some table's field e.g. in PhpMyAdmin? You should be able to "sync" the situation if you delete the Fabrik elements which were deleted from database. And then recreate them.

No. Actually the base table structure was modified and I would like to add the new fields to my Fabrik list. When you say "sync", what do you mean? I couldn't find this anywhere in the Fabrik admin.

Thanks again!

Ususally you should do such modifications via Fabrik.

But here:
Add a new Fabrik element with Name=exact column name and a suitable elemetn plugin.
If it's complaining about "name already exists" go to your list and set "Alter field types"=no (Advanced tab)

By sync I meant to get the database elements and Fabrik fields to match. There is no "sync" function in Fabrik. Troesters advise should help with "Alter field types" set to "No".

No. Actually the base table structure was modified and I would like to add the new fields to my Fabrik list. When you say "sync", what do you mean? I couldn't find this anywhere in the Fabrik admin.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back