Tables and surroundings

idrive72

Hi, not being very experienced, I am having difficulty in realizing the following:
I have created three tables, for simplicity A, B and C. Table A contains 50 Yes / No fields. Table B contains 50 fields of the radiobutton type (each radiobutton has three values, 1,2 and 3). Table C contains 50 fields, all Yes / No. Table B and C is written only by the administrator while table A by the user. In practice, table A varies from user to user and is filled in via a simple form, while table B and C are filled in by the administrator and remain constant over time until the need to modify them arises.
What I need is to build a page that contains a summary table that shows the user the three tables side by side;
- the first column must contain the questions of Table A
- the second column must contain the Yes / No answers from Table A
- the third column must contain the selected radiobutton values from table B
- the fourth column must contain the Yes / No answers from table C

I tried several things, joins and other attempts but honestly I couldn't create a simple summary table.
Do you kindly have any information to give me? I'm melting my head!
A thousand thanks!!!

No idea what you are trying to do.

You can join tables which have a relation (in Fabrik one 'leg' of a join must be a primary key) which will give you a list with combined elements/columns.

You can create a MySQL view with whatever you can SELECT and link a Fabrik list to it.

If you are looking for an unrelated 'side by side' you can create a J! article and include the lists via content plugin or you can create a custom template where you pull what you need from the database.

Thanks for the reply. I realize that I have not explained myself in the best way. What I would like to do is show a table on the screen where the first column comes from the first row of Table A, the second column comes from the first row of Table B and finally the third column comes from the first row of Table C. Tables A, B and C, are single row tables. The table to be displayed on the screen will therefore consist of three columns and 50 rows. There are actually 4 columns because the first must show some text, such as "Question1", "Question2", etc.
Unfortunately I'm not very experienced, so I was looking for advice or information on how to proceed.
Below, I am attaching a picture of what it should look like:
upload_2022-11-2_17-24-36.png

Then with some CSS, I'll be able to embellish it and show a graphically interesting table.

Thank you

Out of curiosity: "field 1", "field 2" etc... what are the real column names in the database (= Fabrik element names)? And what are the corresponding Fabrik element labels, are they identical with that "some text" you intend to show instead of those texts replacing "Question 1", "Question 2" in the first column?

You keep saying you're "not very experienced". With there not being an out-of-the-box solution in Fabrik for such extraordinary case, what do you expect? Here you might get pointers, but likely nothing more, because this is the "Fabrik support" forum, while you're asking for help with building a custom solution for your specific use case.
In other words, if you need e.g. some copy & paste code ready for use as a custom list template or so, you might be better off by hiring someone to do this custom work for you.

You can have all data in one table...just put each of your table elenents in gropus. And create new groupe with user data eg: user name, userId etc. READ THIS. Then set which gorups are visible for user and which are visible for admin. How to do it you can find on forom and in WIKI.

or

you can do it more sofisticated way like troester said. Again WIKI is your best friend.

Out of curiosity: "field 1", "field 2" etc... what are the real column names in the database (= Fabrik element names)? And what are the corresponding Fabrik element labels, are they identical with that "some text" you intend to show instead of those texts replacing "Question 1", "Question 2" in the first column?

Yes, it is exactly like that! In this forum I have used generic names to try to explain better.

You keep saying you're "not very experienced". With there not being an out-of-the-box solution in Fabrik for such extraordinary case, what do you expect? Here you might get pointers, but likely nothing more, because this is the "Fabrik support" forum, while you're asking for help with building a custom solution for your specific use case.
In other words, if you need e.g. some copy & paste code ready for use as a custom list template or so, you might be better off by hiring someone to do this custom work for you.

No, I'm not looking for a copy-paste code and I'm actually not an expert programmer. I am using fabrik to build a questionnaire consisting of 50 questions (in the meantime they have increased but not much change) to propose to users. After saving and sending the data, I should show on the screen a table as drawn in excel in the previous post;
- First column: text of the questions
- Second column: the answers provided by the user who filled out the form
- Third column: the contents of table B. It represents the importance of the question. This value is provided by the administrator
- Fourth column: the contents of table C. It represents the right answer to the question posed. This value is also provided by the administrator.

To answer your question "what do you expect?", I expect only a table. My problem is that I can't show the fields side by side in the detail view. I am shown first all the questions, only at the end, the values of table B and then again those of table C. I know that something escapes me, probably I have to create groups of elements but it is precisely this step that I cannot overcome. I am trying to learn and study this amazing instrument called Fabrik. Believe me, I'm not looking for ready-made code, just information and / or suggestions that allow me to continue on my path. Keep in mind that English is not my mother tongue and reading the documents is very tiring and slow but I am aware that it is essential. Thanks to google translate but sometimes the translation is aberrant and understanding the concepts of wikis is a challenge! ;-)

You can have all data in one table...just put each of your table elenents in gropus. And create new groupe with user data eg: user name, userId etc. READ THIS. Then set which gorups are visible for user and which are visible for admin. How to do it you can find on forom and in WIKI.

or

you can do it more sofisticated way like troester said. Again WIKI is your best friend.

Ok thanks for the info, I immediately start to do some tests.

Read your reply to me (thanks!), and since I don't believe you'll have much fun with a MySQL view for this particular case, and I'm not so sure the "multi-groups" thing will work either, my suggestion is: build and use a custom list template. There you can do anything you want and need. Yes, you'll need coding knowledge (your own or of someone you know or hire), but so it goes with outside-the-box custom use cases, sorry.

P.S.: I can't even think of any other extension which could easily generate the wanted result from the existing table structure. However, there are "poll" extensions out there... maybe you want to take a look at the JED if you haven't yet.

Thanks for the tips, you are very kind.
I have another question, but I will open a new topic.

Thank you.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back