Tables or Lists?!?

alanstylez

With all due respect to Rob, Hugh, and any of the other coders who have contributed a committed feature to Fabrik3, I have long suspected that the transition from F2 'tables' to F3 'lists' is still incomplete. Again, with all due respect, I thought it was suspicious that the SQL change that was recently incorporated into the alpha release changed the name of 'table_id' to 'list_id', but not 'join_from_table', 'table_join', 'table_key', or 'table_join_key'. But, an unnamed forum admin said that was meant to be, and he would certainly know better than I.

However, I'm still getting the WSOD when trying to add or edit a 'list' from the Fabrik Administrator. On a possibly related note, When I click the 'Fabrik' editor button on either the front- or back-end, I get: 500 - An error has occurred. Layout default not found. After looking into this a little more, I think I found some code that just CAN'T be correct. Could one of the Fabrik coders please tell me if the following 'table's should be 'list's in /components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/default/default.php

<?php if ($this->tablePicker != '') { ?>
<div style="text-align:right"><?php echo JText::_('COM_FABRIK_LIST') ?>: <?php echo $this->tablePicker; ?></div>
<?php } ?>
<?php if ($this->params->get('show-title', 1)) {?>
<h1><?php echo $this->table->label;?></h1>
<?php }?>

<?php echo $this->table->intro;?>
<form class="fabrikForm" action="<?php echo $this->table->action;?>" method="post" id="<?php echo $this->formid;?>" name="fabrikList">

<?php echo $this->loadTemplate('buttons');

//for some really ODD reason loading the headings template inside the group
//template causes an error as $this->_path['template'] doesnt cotain the correct
// path to this template - go figure!
$this->headingstmpl = $this->loadTemplate('headings');
if ($this->showFilters) {
echo $this->loadTemplate('filter');
}?>

<div class="fabrikDataContainer" style="<?php echo $this->tableStyle?>">

<?php foreach ($this->pluginBeforeList as $c) {
echo $c;
}?>
<div class="boxflex">
<table class="fabrikList" id="list_<?php echo $this->table->id;?>" >

Obviously from the comments in the code, as well as on some of the forum posts, I'm not the only one having this problem. The other forum posts seem to be slightly different, so I thought I would start a new thread.

Solutions?

- stylez
8)

Ok, I did that (1c459e5), discovered extensions, and got this:

Failed loading XML file
/home/content/53/7874853/html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/fabrik.xml
XML: Start tag expected, '<' not found

Now what?

So, I checked that file on the server and found these characters: ??
I removed those characters, but got the same error.

I checked the file on my Mac and found no odd characters, so I reuploaded the file and there they were again.

Any ideas

what editor are you using? Is it set to use uft-8 character sets? Perhaps its trying to encode the file as a different character set when you save it.

Well, I was using the one built into godaddy hosting manager, which I realize might not be the best. :)

When I try opening that file in gedit from my Ubuntu netbook, I got the following message:

Could not open the file ftp://nuvacord.com/admin?nts/com_fabrik/fabrik.xml.
gedit has not been able to detect the character encoding.
Please check that you are not trying to open a binary file.
Select a character encoding from the menu and try again.

So, I tried setting Character Encoding to: Automatically Detected, Current Locale (UTF-8) and also to: Western (ISO-8859-15), but none of them will open the file. Which character set do I need to add?

Was I wrong in thinking that there's still a missing change from 'table' to 'list' in the above code?

How do we change the default template that Fabrik will display?

Also, Rob, did you ever get that PM with the admil login info for my site? It might be easier if you could go in there real quick and check the Fabrik Options, Connections, or whatever else you think might be causing the issue.

I hope you're having a nice vacation (sorry to make it a working vacation).

:)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.
Back