Tapatalk timeline not working with Fabrik Content Plugin enabled

mibert

Hi there,

I am facing a problem with my Fabrik Content Plugin. When this is enabled, my Tapatalk Kunena Timeline does not work. I am not sure, if and how there is a connection between Tapatalk and Fabrik, but as a matter of fact, once I deactivate the content plugin, then Tapatalk is working.

The Tapatalk developer has looked at it and told me, that the problem is caused by Fabrik, but did not explain how. I tried to change the order of the plugins, but it did not have any effect. Only deactivation helped.

Is there any idea, how to solved this issue and still use the content plugin.

Here is my site details:
Joomla 3.3.6
Kunena 3.0.6
Fabrik 3.2
Tapatalk Plugin kn30_1.2.6

Looking forward to your advise.

Best regards

Michael

By "content plugin", do you mean the form submission plugin (which creates / edits and article when submitting a form), or the Joomla Content Plugin for Fabrik (that allows you to display Fabrik lists and forms using the {fabrik ...} syntax)?

If the latter, are you displaying a form, or a list, or a viz?

-- hugh

Can you give me instructions on how to set the TapaTalk plugin up, and how to replicate the error?

I'm testing on a private server, with a very basic Kunena setup - just one forum, with a couple of posts and a couple of test users.

-- hugh

I figured it out. Seems to work for me. Here's a screenshot of my test forum, which is pretty much the same as yours (it's J! 3.3.4, but other than that, same). Latest Fabrik github, with all Fabrik plugins installed and enabled.

Screenshot_2015-02-10-21-27-25.png

Do you have a thread going on the TapaTalk support forums? I have a login there, and can ask the TapaTalk folk what the problem is, and how to replicate it here.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

sorry for the late reply.
I am talking about the Fabrik Joomla Content Plugin, where I can embedd lists and forms into Joomla articles.

I have deactivated the Plugin now, but when it was active I used it to display forms.

As soon as I have deactivated the plugin, Tapatalk as working again.

I got in touch with a prorammer of Tapatalk from Spain, and he pointed me to the plugin as the root of Error. However, he did not reveal any details, how the plugin interacts or disturbs Tapatalk.

I will send you my communication with this guy by e-mail in parallel.

Best regards and have a great day

Michael

Hi there,

even after update to Fabrik 3.4 the fabrik content plugin is creating a conflict with Tapatalk timeline.
As long as the plugin is active, tapatalk timeline is not working. Once plugin is deactivated, no problem.

Anyway, I do not absolutely need this plugin, so the issue is no big priority matter.

Best regards and have a happy new year

Michael

I can't even get Tapatalk to work at all any more. updated unena to latest 4.x and reinstalled the timeline plugin with the latest, but I can't get Kunena to even recognize Tapatalk, even with the content plugin disabled.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

for me it is working OK, once the content plugin is enabled.
In fact Kunena does not recognize Tapatalk.
Once your have the Tapatalk Plugin enabled, then you can see the Kunena topics within the Tapatalk App.

Best regards

Michael

The problem I'm having is I can't get the site configured in Tapatalk's 'site owner' page. It just won't connect to my site. I'm behind a firewall, but I've opened port forwarding, I can get at it from elsewhere, and it used to work.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi Hugh,

hope you are doing fine.
Now over a year has passed since the last post here but the problem still remains.
Everthing is working fine but as soon as I publish the fabrik content plugin, instantly the Tapatalk plugin does not work.

I have been trying to find a work around with modules instead, but its not perfect.

If you have the time to look into this problem some day, whould be great.

Thanks in advance and have a great day

Michael

I still can't connect my test site in the TapaTalk admin page. I've tried to contact the Tapatalk folk about it, no response.

If you can figure out how to run a TapaTalk test from behind a firewall, let me know, I'll have another look.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Would it help, if I provide you a test installation on my server, where you can play around?

Best regards

Michael

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back