Timeline Visualization - need to load Simile timeline files locally

fabrikg09

It took me a while, but I managed to import data into a List successfully, and set up the Timeline visualization. I've never used this plugin before. Joomla 3.7, Fabrik 3.6

I created a menu item for it and when the Timeline displays, weird: it breaks the HTTPS page by saying it is trying run a script from another site - https://www.simile-widgets.org/

There's no problem in getting the Simile files and sticking them on my server to avoid that call to run the script from the Simile site files - it's well documented over at simile.org. BUT - how can I modify the Fabrik plugin to get rid of that call to run the script from another site?

It's in ...plugins\fabrik_visualization\timeline\models\timeline.php around line 349

Thanks! I find this at lines 348-349:

$document->addScript($parsedUrl['scheme'] . '://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.1.min.js');
$document->addScript($parsedUrl['scheme'] . '://api.simile-widgets.org/timeline/2.3.1/timeline-api.js?bundle=true');

A look at the Simile website finds that the only file needed is: timeline.js, I think. Jquery is already loaded as part of the routine Joomla! install - but - I find a file named timeline-min.js in the fabrik_visualization\timeline folder, but at a file size of about 5K vs. the same file extracted from the simile archive (timeline3.zip) which is about 192K, I am not sure that the Fabrik file is one to use/reference.

So, I'm thinking of using the simile timeline-min.js file, and the wiki here shows it should go in the folder /components/com_fabrik/js. Does Fabrik assume this folder as default? Then it would be:

$document->addScript('timeline-min.js'); which does work.

However, when I try to view the page containing my timeline, nothing appears - the container box is empty. Clicking on the "Jump to" calendar icon does nothing, as well. The Timeline data all appears when I look at the Data in the admin panels.

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back