Timeline Visualization Plugin Issues

tagger

Hi great people coding Fabrik!

I played around with timeline vis the last few hours and I came across some "bugs".
(latest git version, j2.5, vis in blank article, chrome)

I'd like to visualize the changes in data (last updates) so startdate=enddate

1) If the field has NULL value, entry is shown today at actual time (can fix myself...)

2) When I disable showing filter and/or title in Vis settings, it still shows (Also when vis is called by J!Menulink)

3) Prefilter setting would be good!!

4) "Jump to" : Calendarpopup is shown too far on the right, only ~25% is shown, I have to move it first...(guess i can fix myself)
4.1) Timeline does not jump to "today" (if another date was picked before?)

5) Loading the "Events" (have like 250) takes really long (~15sec) , possibilty to set processing steps would be cool (think its 40 now?)

Also general hints on speeding things up are welcome (forumposts, wiki...)
My site speed is quite poor, even with a really fast server (>100$/month)

And, of course, I hope you fix/code/witchcraft these issues by tomorrow ;)

Thanks so much!!

If its just playing around I suggest updating from github - severl of those things have been implemented, notable the ajax loading of events. I can't remember off the top of my head what else was altered, but I do have a client thats loading around 3000 events with this viz.

Hi rob, thx for your quick response!

hmm, just made an update....all the issues still remain...we are talking about J2.5 fabrik, right?
(Also thought I was on latest, when opening the thread)

and, I desperatly want to implement the vis in my project...so I am not just "playing around" ;) (was a bit missleading, sry)

Can anyone confirm, timeline vis is working as rob said?

When I disable showing filter and/or title in Vis settings, it still shows (Also when vis is called by J!Menulink)
Ok this wasn't working - I've fixed it now

Prefilter setting would be good!!
Not something we'll be adding to 3.0 for the viz settings, it should though respect the list prefilter settings, so you can copy your list apply different prefilters to it and assign the copied list to the viz.

4) "Jump to" : Calendarpopup is shown too far on the right, only ~25% is shown, I have to move it first...(guess i can fix myself)
4.1) Timeline does not jump to "today" (if another date was picked before?)
It's positioned ok for me, perhaps a J template issue?
4.1 yeah that wasn't working - I've fixed that

Loading the "Events" (have like 250) takes really long (~15sec) , possibilty to set processing steps would be cool (think its 40 now?)
Ah my bad, I'd read your initial post that the events were not loading via ajax at all. We're on a feature freeze for 3.0 so I won't be adding an option for the step.

cool, thanks for you efforts.
I could edit the steps in timeline.php (/plugins/fabrik_visualization/timeline/models), but it does not increase loadingspeed much though...that is the main issue I have with the vis....
Bad to hear about the featurestop...but guess thats the way it is...hope upgrading to j3.5 Fabrik will be "charming" ;)

sorry to bring this thread up again, but I have two more issues to complain...(latest git version)

first: when I leave the timeline vis (navigate to another page), the browser returns a "0:"

second: When I unpublish the whole vis...it is still published !? Also, if I set the viewing Lvl to special only...lower levels can still see it...

first: when I leave the timeline vis (navigate to another page), the browser returns a "0:"
I'm unable to replicate this, is it that you have a lot of data and the data is still loading when you navigate away from the page?

second: When I unpublish the whole vis...it is still published !
Should be fixed now in github

Also, if I set the viewing Lvl to special only...lower levels can still see it...

Should be fixed as well now

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back