Unexpected Issues with Registration Form

zorzis

Hello again,
i had to bypass the default joomla registration form, using the Tutorial of linked here: http://betterliving.be/Fabrik/remplacer-le-formulaire-d-enregistrement-de-joomla-partie-1/Configurer-le-formulaire.html.

But some issues came up like:
1) form never submited, and the webpage drives to error page, after about 2 minutes trying to load.
2) issues with validation that i cannot understand.

a live demo of the webpage is here: http://evicat.haze.gr
to register you can use the pop up form in the bottom of the page.

Can anyone help with this? is something to do with the database storage? i really cannot find out what is wrong.

hard to tell, do you have a redirect plugin set up on the form? When I submit i get a 404 /products error, seeing as your products page's url is actually index.php/products might that be the issue?
Once seeing the 404 If I go back I see this message:

Thank you dear customer! An email is send to you.To complete the registration follow the url link that is sent to your email.
which suggests that the registration works (I didnt fill it in with a real address so Im
not sure if the email arrives or not.
Could you fill in your Fabrik Sites details so I can log into the admin and take a look?

-Rob

ok rob it works i had to clean my FF cache and history. the only problem that remains is when i have enabled from the Form the Ajax Validation. Then it shows problems without to have problems and the Tips over the Failed Validation doesn't show my Custom Tip but it shows "OUPS".. If i disable it then all works fine.

I have a question if you know or everyone else here. How can i change the Link that is send to the User Email after he submits the registration form? because it sends the user to the default Login page. Where i have to go (in what file to change that link?)

Is there any already catalogue for these links and how to change them? Like (Reminder and Reset?)

For the "Oups" issue yes you are right, after all the validation is true. but it's a small issue. never mind of me. i turned off the Form Ajax Validation. so no prob. let me check the Link you sent me.

Ok i suppose you tell me to use the obvious:
Bypass Joomla's Account details email - If set to 'No' then the default email will not be sent to the registering user confirming their account creation. This could be useful if you wanted to use the Fabrik email form plugin to send a custom email

but my question is where to find the "Token" that is send with the email link and how to replicated in my custom Email Form Plugin so that the new user to confirm and activate his account through that?

The only thing i can think that may be responsible for the tokens stuff is located for joomla 2.5 (after i lost all my summer sunny afternoon in Greece), at: yoursite/components/com_users/models/registration.php that has code like that one:

PHP:
// Set the link to activate the user account.
            $uri = JURI::getInstance();
            $base = $uri->toString(array('scheme', 'user', 'pass', 'host', 'port'));
            $data['activate'] = $base.JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&task=registration.activate&token='.$data['activation'], false);

$emailSubject    = JText::sprintf(
                'COM_USERS_EMAIL_ACCOUNT_DETAILS',
                $data['name'],
                $data['sitename']
            );

if ($sendpassword)
            {
                $emailBody = JText::sprintf(
                    'COM_USERS_EMAIL_REGISTERED_WITH_ACTIVATION_BODY',
                    $data['name'],
                    $data['sitename'],
                    $data['siteurl'].'index.php?option=com_users&task=registration.activate&token='.$data['activation'],
                    $data['siteurl'],
                    $data['username'],
                    $data['password_clear']
                );
            }
            else
            {
                $emailBody = JText::sprintf(
                    'COM_USERS_EMAIL_REGISTERED_WITH_ACTIVATION_BODY_NOPW',
                    $data['name'],
                    $data['sitename'],
                    $data['siteurl'].'index.php?option=com_users&task=registration.activate&token='.$data['activation'],
                    $data['siteurl'],
                    $data['username']
                );
            }
        }

but i couldn't make it work by changing let's say the : $data['siteurl'].'index.php?option=com_users&task=registration.activate&token='.$data['activation'],
to an url that sends the user to the "About Us" area like that:
$data['siteurl'].'index.php/about_us&task=registration.activate&token='.$data['activation'],

I think it's the
Overriding J! Registration Link
part in the WIKI. I didn't try but it should redirect you to the Fabrik form in any case where normally it would go to the Joomla registration/login form.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back