Update user's registrations datas

sek101079

Hi there,

I am new in using Fabrik and I am really satisfied to see what is possible with Fabrik. However, there are still a lot of things I still do not understand by using Fabrik.

Now I couldn't find out the answer to a question I came across and hopefully the community is able to help me clarify my question.

I have set up an user registration form and linked this with standard user registation in Joomla. This works already fine. However, I would like to also setup the opportunity that users are able to amend their own registation datas on front end site.

I wonder if I have to set up something like another "user-registration-data-update-form" which is in any way linked to the table of the actual user registration form in case I want users to be able to amend their own specific users datas.

Can anyone please explain how I can ensure that users can update their own registration datas on a most simple way?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance and best wishes from Germany.

Sven

Hi there,

Many thanks for your support.

I have already seen the description in this link. However, the approach setting up an user update functionality is still not clear for me.

It means:
Note if you want to update the Joomla user associated with the form's record when you edit the form's data you must supply a field (type field or dbjoin) in the "User ID field" (and in Fabrik3: a "usergroups" element in the "User group field") option in the 'Fields' section.

Do I understand this correct, that I have to setup another "user update form" and link this form / databases of registration form and update form with jUser plugin?

I am a bit surprised that I have to setup another update for. I would expect that an "update form" would need to access to registion form database to be able to update the specific datas in the registration form database.

Probably I have misunderstood anything.

To once again make clear what I have already done:

I have set up a comprehesive registration form which is already linked to Joomla registration via jUser plugin. This is already working fine in case a new member is registering. I would now like to achieve, that members can click on a menu item to get a form with the own registered datas to be able to update any data in the saved user registration form.

Thank again in advance.

Sven

Hi there,

well, I have setup as the following:

List with name "user registration form" linked to table "user_registration_form"
Form with name "user registration form" linked to list "user_registration_form"
Group with name "user registration form" linked to Form "user registration_form"
Elements of "user registration form":
surname
alias
password
email
id
(and a lot of further elements, but the aboves are the only ones who are linked to Joomla registration via jUser as following:

surname -> name
alias -> username
password -> password
email -> email
id -> user id

I have not setup a link for the block field, user type field and password reset field...

Only for clarifying: I do not only want to update the fields which are linked to Joomla registration, I do also want to update all the other elements which actually do not have a direct impact to Joomla registration as they aren't actually part of the Joomla registration (e. g. field birthdate or field address).

"id -> user id" NO! see tooltip
The form's field that you want Fabrik to store the new Joomla userid in. Optional, but if not set, do NOT use this form to edit existing users. Do NOT set this to be the primary key of your list. If you wish to sync primary keys between this table and the Joomla user table, use the Sync PK option under the Sync settings.
and WIKI
Note if you want to update the Joomla user associated with the form's record when you edit the form's data you must supply a field (type field or dbjoin) in the "User ID field" (and in Fabrik3: a "usergroups" element in the "User group field") option in the 'Fields' section.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/joomla-user-form-plugin/#options-fields

Only for clarifing: I do not only want to update the fields which are linked to Joomla registration, I do also want to update all the other elements which actually do not have a direct impact to Joomla registration as they aren't actually part of the Joomla registration (e. g. field birthdate or field address).
Use the menu's "Fabrik options" (Row id = -1, Key name = your userID element, see the WIKI link)

Ahhhhh, now finally I have understood and could make it working!

Many thanks for your support!!!!!!!!

Thread can be closed.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back