Enable your plugins

Update from GitHub
As often as you need a bugfix or a new features provided in GitHub
Go to Extensions > Extension Manager > Discover
Click 'Purge Cache' and then 'Discover'
Select your plugins and click 'Install'
Go to Extensions > Plug-in Manager
Enable your plugins
Only if you want to install a new plugin.

Vadim,

There are tons of updates/bug fixes daily. I usually update from GitHub once a month.

It would be ideal to update once a week, honestly.

And whenever something isn't working correctly on your site, I've learned to NEVER post on the forum until you update from github first. It's fixed 50% of my issues. Hahaha.

PS - You post A LOT. Holy CRAP!!!!! (And I'm saying that in a nice calm voice, but rolling my eyes slightly).

you can keep track of what each commit does here:
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commits/master

-new features rarely at the moment, we're consolidating what we have
- new plugins, again this is rare but will be mentioned in the commits.

Sometimes there are branches where we work on larger features, previously that included things like work on the pdf renderng, and at the moment there is

* a bootstrap branch where I'm working on a new template for the upcoming implementation of bootstrap in Joomla 3

* a Joomla 3 branch where we are looking at getting Fabrik to run on the Joomla 3 alpha

Rob thank you, I'll monitor changes by myself or simply provide regular update as recommended Tessa

And whenever something isn't working correctly on your site, I've learned to NEVER post on the forum until you update from github first. It's fixed 50% of my issues. Hahaha.
PS - You post A LOT. Holy CRAP!!!!! (And I'm saying that in a nice calm voice, but rolling my eyes slightly).

I hope all interested persons read my explanation why I'm here and delete it from public as it is not the question of this forum

Now that we have a Silver forum for 3.x, it will be a lot easier to keep up with, and prioritize, issues for Silver subscribers. We initially just used the Testing forum for all 3.x issues, while 3.x was going through it's initial shake-down phase, simply because it offered a level playing field for getting actual bugs fixed.

Now that 3.x is solid enough, we feel it is fair to prioritize support for it on our usual Silver > Bronze > Community basis.

BTW, if you don't do so already, I would strongly recommend having a "sandbox" (test site) you can test new github code in, rather than applying it directly to your live site. This is standard practice for web sites (not just J! Fabrik ones), and is easy to do, either with something like Akeeba backup for J!, or (if your host provides it) a clone of a cloud based virtual server.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back