Urgent HELP Needed - Fatal error: Cannot use 'String' as class name

TGoodrich

Hello, I am currently using Joomla 3.5.1 and Fabrik 3.4.3 with php7 enabled.

When trying to upload a pdf in my Fabrik form i get "Fatal error: Cannot use 'String' as class name as it is reserved in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/libraries/vendor/joomla/string/src/String.php on line 19".

This happens in both the back-end and front-end of Joomla.

It was working normally and I'm not sure what has changed. As far as I can tell this started after updating to Joomla 3.5.1

Hoping someone might have an idea what is going on here. I use Fabrik to upload and display our towns agendas and minutes. Per our states guidelines we have to post agendas and minutes within a certain timeframe otherwise we can get fined. Because of the above stated issue we can not upload our agendas and minutes and thus has put us in a bit of a pickle.

Hmm
...\plugins\fabrik_element\fileupload\fileupload.php
line 1050 still contains
array_walk($aFileTypes, create_function('&$v', '$v = Joomla\String\String::strtolower($v);'));

I assume it should be
array_walk($aFileTypes, create_function('&$v', '$v = JString::strtolower($v);')); (as all others)

You could try to edit this file.

Hi troester,

Thank you so much for the quick response and fix!!

I applied your fix and it now seems to work perfectly. You really saved me and the town on this one!

As far as I can tell this started after updating to Joomla 3.5.1
Always backup before any update (Joomla or components...). Akeeba backup is a good tool.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back