Use url as search

muffinator

Hey guys, maybe I'm not thinking about this correctly, so if there's an alternative to what I want to do, then let me have it! I'm newish to php, so, there.

I'm making an application to keep track of weekly data for a volunteer opportunity. I want to track weekly stats for each location, so I can run reports over the length of the volunteer opportunity, or from a week in particular across all sites... you know, basic stuff.

The issue I'm having is, and excuse me if my terminology is not right on, creating a new record, or loading the correct record, when I change the value of the weekNumber field, via a dropdown. I've attached a picture of the current layout, maybe it'll help.

How does Fabrik go about handling this situation? On dropdown change, do I load a different page with the specified results? How do I do that?

Attachments

• weekNumber.png
    weekNumber.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 177
I'm not really clear about what you are trying to do. It seems like you want to load a row, then on the form for that row, have it load a different row if you change the week number?

I think I see what you are wanting to do, but we currently don't support that "out of box". It would require a little custom JavaScript, to go and load a different row for edit when you change the selection of the dropdown.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back