user field show in list

prophoto

I have a user field in two different forms, both with the same issue. Updated from github today. when I turn on show in list for the user element and Access, list view, special then registered users cannot edit their records anymore. Is this intended functionality? I'd like the user field to show in the list for special users, no one else.

By "their records", I assume you mean you have the "Edit rows" set to "User field" in the List access settings?

Their records meaning records a user has submitted. I don't want to show the submitting user to the public, only admins.

Note to self / Rob, the problem is, with List view access set to Special, for other users the element is not being included in the main getData() query, so canUserDo() fails.

Working on it.

-- hugh

Their records meaning records a user has submitted. I don't want to show the submitting user to the public, only admins.

Right, but when you refer to "users cannot edit their records", I'm assuming you have "or user field" set to that user element, in the List's Access settings for "Edit rows"?

-- hugh

I'm testing a fix which I think should address this issue, so when viewing the list, users who should have edit access to a row (i.e. see the "pencil" edit icon) by virtue of the "user field" setting on the List access controls, will now be able to edit, even if they don't have List view access to the element which controls the "Edit rows" ACL.

I'll let you know when I've committed that change.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back