Validation error highlighting

kinkaz

Hi,

I have a form with validations on elements which are working, but they're "highlighted" in green instead of red (the field's border an label is green if there's an error).

Running on latest github.

If anyone has an idea...

Thanks

Hi Sophist,

Thank for your answer and work.

I just uploaded your zip to my server but unfortunately it's not fixing my problem... My submit button is always disabled (I can't click on it), even if fill in the form correctly. Maybe it's coming from me...

kinkaz

Ah - I thought you wanted the errors in red, not that you want to submit the form!!

(Just kidding. ;-) )

I am working on fixing this.

Ok - please try to re-update from the above link to my GitHub branch and let me know if this improved version helps.

The submit button should be disabled on multi-page forms until you have successfully validated all earlier pages and got to the last page. I have fixed the bug which was preventing the page moving to Next on successful validation.

Please let me know how you get on. Good luck.

I updated but still have the same problem : I can't submit the form. It's maybe coming from my website.
I'll come back when I'll be able to understand fully from where my problem comes (because sometimes the highlighting works and sometimes not).

Its most likely a big - do you have any validations on your elements?

There is definitely a bug (which I am working on) which still runs ajax validation even if there are no fields to validate, and then I think validation "fails" and page / tab change is cancelled. So if your page doesn't have any validations, please wait for another fix.

S

New version uploaded which only does ajax validation on changing page / tab IF there are fields with validation on the page/tab.

Yes, the validations are on my elements. Just to try for now, I'm only using the "notempty" validation.

If I take my contact form example, here are the things I've done :
1. Creating basic fields (Name, Phone, Message)
2. Adding some validations "notempty" on the fields => not working
3. Uploading my website (from local to web)
4. Testing my form again => validations are working
5. Adding some more elements and validations => not working on these elements
6. Downloading my website back to local : the validations from step 5 are now working (???!!!)
But if I add some elements and validations again, the validations on the elements I just created (after the fresh upload/download) are not working....

Seems that I have to move my website to make the validations work, that's so weird I don't understand.

Fabrik does all sorts of clever stuff, and in this case it would seem that what Fabrik does is wrong on your local PC and correct on your remote host.

If you can copy the html for your webpage on your local site from your browser to pastebin and post a link here, I will take a look.

Are you sure Fabrik does the clever stuff correctly only on my host ? Because the validations on step 5 are working when I download my website and resintall it on local. As I said, it's working fine if I move my website (downloading to local or uploading to host) after adding some validations on elements. It doesn't matter if it was an upload (from local to host) or a download (from host to local).

I'm not sure I understand what you need to take a look at my website o_O

Thanks for your answers

So I can look at the HTML. But I probably can't access your local site which is where the problems are -d'oh!

I have had a look - and the page you gave me seems to work fine. And the form appeared to submit ok.

I guess what you need to do if it is still not working on your local machine is to compare the html from the remote and local sites and see what the differences are. It could also be something to do with your local server configuration and not fabrik that is the problem.

Sorry I can't help further with the information you have shared so far. Can you explain a little more about your local server configuration and how you upload / download stuff in steps 3. and 6. above?

Thx.

S

I've decided to only work online for now, so that it's easier to understand the bugs.

Did you see that even if you didn't complete the field "T?l?phone", it was in green (but the form isn't submitted). The validation works but not the highlighting and that problem is only on that field and on any field that was created after my last upload (yes, the "T?l?phone" was created after the last upload).

If the html looks fine (the js scripts), I don't understand from where it could be coming.

Thanks for your help so far, if you don't come up with new ideas, I'll try to dig in deeper and figure it out myself.

kinkaz

Yes - I can see that the telephone validation is not working correctly. The ajax call is being made, so this looks like an issue on the server. Can you do a screen shot of your validation tab for your telephone element?

Here you go. If you need any access to my website to check more elements, just tell me.

Thanks,

kinkaz

Attachments

• screenshot-fabrik-validation.png
    screenshot-fabrik-validation.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 347
Hmm - yes - well - hmmm. It should work - it works on my site just fine.

So - sorry, but I have no idea why it is not validating.

S

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back