When deleting all, data still shows when cache progressive on

Status
Not open for further replies.

tali

1-In front end, I click at the top of my list on the Empty button.
When Global Configuration Cache is Progressive, the data are still shown (although they have been cleared correctly in the db).

2- In the back end, adding or suppressing an element from being shown in list, does not have effect with Global Configuration Cache is Progressive.

More generally, what is the interest of caching datas (which often are changed or filtered)?
Is there a way to exclude Fabrik from caching (apart using a component like jotcache)?

That should be fixed in github

The interest of caching is speed. When we cache we go well beyond the general Joomla concept of caching a simple page, we take into account the user and the list state for example, so whist its quiet expensive in disk space compared to standard Joomla caching on a single page, its actually very effective.

Fabrik is computationally heavy, it has a lot of stuff to do building the views so its a prime use case for implementing caching.

Of course as well all caching there are playoffs but even for simple pages you are going to see page load speed dramatically increased with caching on (easily a second less) which results in a better user experience. Obviously the less views and the more updates/inserts you make the less effective the cache is.

There is finally the list->advanced options -> turn off cache option which Hugh implemented recently. I've not had a chance to play with it but it should work as advertised

-Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back