Recent content by Canuck

1. C

linked elements

Probably after I concatenated two elements using the Fabrik calc plugin a new list appeared in Lists. It has no list name. Click 'View Data', and you get the error: '500 - An error has occurred. Incorrect list id' Click, 'Edit' under the Form heading in the List, and you get an empty form...
  2. C

list view vs form/details view

I have a list for users to select from. The list shows elements a,b,c,d,e. When a record is selected for details view, I want the user to see only elements a,d,e. As it is, I see all available elements in detail view, i.e. a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h.... Also, they are grouped by (and show details for)...
  3. C

prefilter on joined tables

Ok, I solved this by deleting the joined list, starting again by applying the prefilter before making any joins and viewing the data at each step. There was an error with the original joined list - didn't get the exact error - but after removing all prefilters it still showed 'no record' and...
  4. C

prefilter on joined tables

I have three joined lists. I can prefilter on one of them (i.e separately, when not part of the join) where, check-box equals yes type =text comments is greater than null type =text ( I guess null is a keyword because it works in the value...
  5. C

Uploaded images

Hi Rob, thanks for taking an interest. I've attached what you asked for. Although the dimensional settings aren't the cause - I've uploaded all dimensions of images and set the Max Width and Max Height to many settings including blank, all produce the same results - those dimensional settings...
  6. C

Uploaded images

friendly bump
  7. C

Uploaded images

Since I am working on my own computer, I can easily copy and paste the Joomla article version into the Fabrik upload location - the images both have the same name - and when I again view it by clicking on the list thumbnail, the image is still blurred. It has something to do with the way it is...
  8. C

Uploaded images

Yes, I've tried many things, including the dimensions on the fileupload element. I've attached a comparison of three images - from bottom to top: 1. Scanned page I printed from a Word document. All my images will be scanned text documents, so this is what I will be working with. 2. Dropped...
  9. C

Uploaded images

My uploaded images, which are images of text documents in jpg format, are not clear. When I upload an image, and compare it to the exact same image on my computer screen, the uploaded image is larger, meaning its resolution has been reduced. Because of this the text is not clear. These are...
  10. C

Display options in front end

Thanks so much for that response. It gives me a lot to check out and experiment with. In answer to your question, by form-like view, I mean similar to the view you get when you choose 'view' from the check box of a front end list. It takes you to that particular record to view, and in my case...
  11. C

Display options in front end

I guess this has to be the most basic question, but I can't find much no matter how I search. What are the display options for the front end? I understand some of the use of lists: I can display lists, and I can make them available to users so that they can click on the check box to bring up...
  12. C

Need solution to my fileupload question...

Ok, one more time: Goal is to upload 1,000 records with 1,000 images - one image associated with each record. Thumbnail of image in list.
  13. C

I tried again, and it works! Yahoo! Must have had a character out of place on the other test. I couldn't see why Fabrik would look at my separately uploaded images and say, 'Hey, I didn't put that there... I'm not going to use it'. I'm not sure you understood my goal because if you had...
  14. C

That's a good idea, and it might work, since I was able to associate an image already uploaded by Fabrik into Media Manager with records different from the one with which it was originally uploaded. The method you suggest would necessarily associate them with the particular record through which...
  15. C

I've been asking how I can bulk upload the actual images with fileupload, but apparently it isn't possible. (i.e. by way of referencing the image on my computer, in the same way as when it is done on a per image basis into the fileupload element from the form.) However, I can upload a file...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back