Search results

1. S

Using 'Group By' on a List based on a Remote Connection

I have a remote connection to a database and it tests successfully. The database user has read only permissions to a few selected tables. I created a list based on one of these remote table, and then went into phpMyAdmin and set it to "isview":"1" because it was throwing errors when saving...
  2. S

Updatecol and Date Filter Range

I understand the updatecol plugin cant function when a date has a range filter: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/updatecol-list-plugin.49127/ What about as a workaround, setting the date field to 'field' so updatecol functions correctly, then modifying a custom lists template...
  3. S

List Template - Add PHP to Grouped Row

I'm grouping a list on a Date field. The 'group by' has access set to 'Nobody' so it never changes. I'm modifying the default.php of a template and what I want to do is get the first record of the group and run a query to add related info to the group line. Getting the id of the first record in...
  4. S

Cascadingdropdown with no Foreign Key

Hello, I have a list which has 7 Cascading Drop Downs. Multi select wont work for a number of reasons. I'm trying to accomplish 7 similar CDD's but between two tables with no direct connection (no foreign key). The tables are related through several joins. I ended up creating a table (based on...
  5. S

php list plugin, JS confirmation

Referencing the thread from 2012 "confirmation window php plugin list" it looks like the functionality was added to abort the list plugin code execution if the user clicks cancel on the JS confirmation popup. I'm getting the popup but regardless of whether I hit OK or Cancel, the php code still...
  6. S

Duplicate a table on remote server

I'm trying to use a scheduled task (once daily) to duplicate a table on a remote server. Basically I want to use a INSERT, ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE query to keep the remote table identical to the local. I found this thread which was somewhat helpful but it is the reverse and doesn't update on...
  7. S

PHP list plugin, show results of Query in status message

So I'm trying to use a PHP list plugin to run a select query which returns a single column (of email addresses). I want to somehow display the results of the select query to the user. I thought I would be able to put the results into the status message but I'm likely doing something wrong. Is...
  8. S

Best practice for two types of users

I'm looking to create 2 (or more) identities, namely students and teachers. I would like to retain the possibility for each type of identity to login to the J! site. The problem is each identity has totally different elements (and lots of them): student elements = username, pass, email, a, b...
  9. S

update_col pops up blank window on page load

I'm having a problem with the update_col list plugin in that it pops up a blank window when the page loads. It seems exactly like the symptoms in this thread but the reported workaround doesn't work for me. The plugin seems to work properly if I use 'Update' and specify exactly what to update...
  10. S

FilterValue and URL parameter lost when ordering

I have a module outside of Fabrik that gets the value of a filter or URL parameter and uses it to display some related information about the record. This one module works on multiple lists, which is why there are so many if else statements. The code I'm using to get the value is below. It's...
  11. S

List Performance Concerns

We are experiencing what I think is slow list performance but I have nothing to compare it to so I'm wondering if this is normal behavior or something outside of that. We have a list that displays ~30 elements (no joins) and gives the following averages when loaded: About 20 records, average...
  12. S

Date element increments by 8 hours

I?m new to the component and I?ve installed a fresh 3.5.2 on my J!3.6.4 installation. I did fix bug with date string. Awesome functionality:) I?m having a problem with the date plugin in that the time sometimes increments by 8 hours. I get different (increment related) problems whether I store...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back