Using 'Group By' on a List based on a Remote Connection

SteveRL

I have a remote connection to a database and it tests successfully. The database user has read only permissions to a few selected tables.

I created a list based on one of these remote table, and then went into phpMyAdmin and set it to "isview":"1" because it was throwing errors when saving. Everything appears fine when I view the list without a 'Group By' set. When I set a 'Group By' on the list, then view the list, I get an error that basically says 'local_db.table' doesn't exist, when really it should be looking at 'remote_db.table'.

Is this a know issue or something specific to my configuration?

I assume it's not about "remote" connection but "alternate" connection in general.

Fabrik doesn't support "cross joining", e.g. dbjoin elements going to tables in a different DB or a user element (which is a dbjoin to #_users) or joining tables of different DBs.
Do you have anything like this?

I just tested and didn't get an error on list save and Group by is working, too.
But I have full access to the remote DB so maybe there's an access issue.

This issue seems to be my own stupidity. I had applied a custom template (which I subsequently took off the list but I think it remained on the menu item) which I copied from the other server. It had a query in default.php that occurs in the <tr> group heading so I guess it was only triggering (errors) when I defined a Group By. I changed a single line $myDb = FabrikWorker::getDbo(false, 4); and everything works great. Thanks for testing, hope you didn't spend much time on it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back