Using 'Group By' on a List based on a Remote Connection

SteveRL

I have a remote connection to a database and it tests successfully. The database user has read only permissions to a few selected tables.

I created a list based on one of these remote table, and then went into phpMyAdmin and set it to "isview":"1" because it was throwing errors when saving. Everything appears fine when I view the list without a 'Group By' set. When I set a 'Group By' on the list, then view the list, I get an error that basically says 'local_db.table' doesn't exist, when really it should be looking at 'remote_db.table'.

Is this a know issue or something specific to my configuration?

I assume it's not about "remote" connection but "alternate" connection in general.

Fabrik doesn't support "cross joining", e.g. dbjoin elements going to tables in a different DB or a user element (which is a dbjoin to #_users) or joining tables of different DBs.
Do you have anything like this?

I just tested and didn't get an error on list save and Group by is working, too.
But I have full access to the remote DB so maybe there's an access issue.

This issue seems to be my own stupidity. I had applied a custom template (which I subsequently took off the list but I think it remained on the menu item) which I copied from the other server. It had a query in default.php that occurs in the <tr> group heading so I guess it was only triggering (errors) when I defined a Group By. I changed a single line $myDb = FabrikWorker::getDbo(false, 4); and everything works great. Thanks for testing, hope you didn't spend much time on it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back