BUG: Autocomplete+raw not working

s6930064

if you have an autocomplete element (myel) and you edit the form like :
index.php/test/form/86?referring_table=1&table___myel_raw=20
then the element value will be empty (from the debug i see that the 'where in' is missing)

If you edit the form without the raw: index.php/test/form/86?referring_table=1&table___myel=20
is working.

(latest joomla3 and fabrik from github)

Friendly dump?.
Autocomplete with raw value is not working (latest Github 23/1/2015).
Any plan to fix it?

Thanks for pushing a fix for this s6930064, it affects me too.

That said, I think I found a workaround. Just set both _raw and non _raw to the value like below and it seems to work like it is supposed to. It didn't work for me if I tried to just set one or the other.

index.php/test/form/86?referring_table=1&table___myel_raw=20&table___myel=20

Here is the bug with images in case is not understood from the description:

Image1: click ADD from related data column
image1.png

Image2, the bug: autocomplete field is not rendering the text
image2.png

Image3: if change field to render as dropdown then text and selection is okay.
image3.png

Any plan to fix it please ?
(using latest j3 and f3 from github)

Guys,

I'm not trying to be an ass, but if there's something critical enough to you that you need to bump it in Community a dozen times, you might consider taking out a sub for a month, and requesting a fix in a paid support forum, where we (staff) actually monitor and fix issues. I know we went through a bad patch in the latter half of last year, where we got behind on even paid support, due to me going through six months of serious surgery and recovery, but we're pretty much back on track.

Yes, I know it's a bug. But we have to eat and pay our rent, so we have to prioritize paid support - it's the only way we can keep Fabrik going. And we simply don't have time to do free support, unless it's a "severe" bug (which will usually get reported in a paid forum and fixed anyway) or a security issue. So until I run in to this issue while dealing with paid support it stays at the bottom of the priority list.

I know this sounds harsh and crassly commercial, and I hate having to post stuff like this, but "open source" means just that. Open source. You can use the software for free, and it's free for you to do what you want with, including fixing things that don't work right and submitting PR's on the code. But if you need us to fix something for you, then chipping in a few bucks to help us put food on our table and our lights turned on doesn't seem unreasonable.

Fabrik is very much a labor of love, with just two of us working on it full time, not a massive commercial venture with dozens of code monkeys available to fix things!

-- hugh

Autocomplete is great for performance and that?s why I use it almost in all my database join elements.
Before I start converting all this elements back to dropdowns I was looking for a comment from the team if there was any plan to fix it.
After 2 months I have an answer and I thank you for that.

Best wishes and I hope you have 100% recovery.

Wish I could be of more help.

I've re-worded the forum description to make it clear that this forum is not regularly monitored by Fabrik staff, and is provided as a forum for community "self help".

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back