Pop up form detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bren

Hello all and happy new year.
I I'm using and enjoying lists within lists; via the content plug-in within form group intro / outro sections. I just tried the in-line edit plugin on my sub-list; but it doesn't seem to work. Not sure if it really doesn't work or if I'm doing something wrong. If it really doesn't work for these sub-lists then is it possible to have the form detail of a record from this sub-list appear in a pop up window (similar to the in-line edit pop up)? It gets a little confusing when the form detail of a record of the sub-list fills the entire existing window. If it appeared in a popup instead then I believe it will be easier to navigate. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Have you tried setting the links to AJAX on the list?

The inline edit plugin is "as is", we're currently not doing any development on it. It proved to be a lot harder than we had anticipated, with a lot of "corner cases" that need a lot of code to work around. It works for simpler cases, but for more complex scenarios, it either works, or it doesn't.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh.
Yes, I tried turning on the AJAX links in the list and it still didn't work. It only seemed to work when I tried it on the parent list.
Any more suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I'm a little confused about what you mean by "sub" and "parent" list. Your OP talks about have a list as a content plugin in a form intro/outro?

-- hugh

Yes, still the content plugin intro / outro; which I'm lovin. I'm referring to the list in the content plugin as the sub list. It seems like none of the options on the links tab for this sub list work or change anything in the content plugin?

Thanks for the video, Hugh. That was a nice example.
Unfortunately, it's still not working for me. That may be because I'm using the outro of a group so that the list appears on the correct tab. Could I trouble you to take a look at my sandbox site within mysites? You can login the frontend using user "fabrikUser" with the same admin password. A good example would be looking on the Quotes tab in the form / details of the Contracts Bid Board - Site Name: "NSB City Building Renovation".
Thanks in advance, Hugh.

Wow, it clearly works on your video. What browser are you using, Hugh? I tried it using Chrome & Firefox & both just open the form / details on the entire page for me.

Strange? Why would it work for you on Chrome; but not for me? Do you think I have something off or on in my Chrome settings?

I have no clue. Works for me here in IE, Chrome and FF, works for me on your site in IE, Chrome and FF.

Maybe try clearing your browser cache.

-- hugh

I've been clearing my cache several times. I tried one more time in Chrome (from the beginning of time) & cleared the Joomla cache; but still no AJAX popup.
So, if I'm getting strange results like this maybe I should move on to something else. How about a modal popup via the Custom detail, edit & add URL link settings? I found the following forum item: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-open-a-form-in-a-pop-up.22470/ . I'm also a fan of & I am using in my site the NoNumber Modals extension: https://www.nonumber.nl/extensions/modals#simple-modals . Is this a possible similar option? If so; could I trouble you for some suggestions on how to apply this to the settings?
Thanks in advance.

I tried looking in the Fabrik help WIKI for some info on the Fabrik List > Links > Custom detail, edit & add URL link settings; but couldn't find anything. I've been playing with the settings; but have had some confusing results. Could I trouble you for a basic explanation of these settings with example links with placeholders (if needed) that does the exact same thing that the default list detail, edit & add buttons do? I'm hoping that once I understand and test what should be entered in these settings then maybe I can get them to work with the Nonumber modals.
Thanks in advance, Hugh.

Not much to tell, really. Just the URL you need, with placeholders. Use {rowid} for the row id of that row. So to duplicate the standard detail view, it would be ...

Code:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&rowid={rowid}

That will get run through JRoute::_(), so if it's a URL to an extension that has SEF routing, it'll get SEF'ed. So that URL would get SEF'ed by Fabrik's routing to /fabrik/details/X.html.

Note, however, that opening a modal isn't that simple, as you'll need to fire it as a JavaScript event. You can see how we do it in the main fabrik.js in the media folder. We watch click events on fabrik_view, and either just return if AJAX links are not enabled, or fire up one of our modal windows.

-- hugh

Thank you for the great info, Hugh. So, would the edit form link be the same with "form" instead of "details"; as listed below?
Code:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&rowid={rowid}
And what would I use for the custom add url to make sure it adds to this list?
Thanks in advance, Hugh.

I tied what you recommended within the Custom detail, edit & add URL link settings (just to replicate what already works by default before then trying to apply to a model popup). When I test the detail, edit or add button click on the frontend, unfortunately, I only receive a message that says "Sorry this form is not published". I believe I input this correctly in those settings. Could I trouble you to double-check in my sandbox site in my sites? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance, Hugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back