Pop up form detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Hugh.
It's been getting more complicated for me to try to utilize the Nonumber modal popup with my Fabrik custom list links. So, taking a step back to earlier in this thread (#8), you proved with a screencast in my sandbox in my sites that the Fabrik AJAX popup worked for you; but it never would work for me from this list within the intro of a Fabrik group via the content plug-in. It still bugs me as to why. The only differences I see is geographical with my hosting & me in the USA & you somewhere in Europe I assume. I Googled "AJAX not always working" and came up with many of the same search responses of other people with the similar issue. They consistently stated that the issue was due to a script loading to fast. Their solution was adding the following.
Code:
document.addEventListener("load", functionName, false);
This made me think that maybe this is my issue as well. Maybe because you are slightly further away that the same process takes long enough to work for you? I decided to take a look in the fabrik.js in the media folder (you shared in this thread #16) and I searched for this addEventListener; but found nothing. If this was a solution I wouldn't begin to know where to apply it in this JS file. Am I going in the wrong direction with this or could this be a possible solution worth trying? Any suggestions?
Thank in advance, Hugh.

Hi Hugh.
I saw some activity from you on Github. I thought, I wonder if Hugh if making some updates. So, I decided to update my sandbox with the latest Fabrik from Github. I just tested it and, Hugh, you fixed it! AJAX is finally working for me from my list within the content plugin. Not sure what you did; but great job! Thanks, again, Hugh.

Actually, maybe I jumped for joy a little early. I just realized that I tested this with the main form in read only mode. If I step into the same form in edit mode and then click on a record from the list within the group intro via the content plugin then the AJAX plugin is gone. Looks like it was bad testing on my part. I didn't test this logged in as a super user like you must have. I never thought this would be access level related. Any suggestions, Hugh?
Thanks in advance.

I can't test that as my user doesn't have edit access on that form.

But as I said very early in this thread, all bets are off trying to embed a list in a group intro/outro, because you can't embed an HTML form inside an HTML form. And lists are wrapped in an HTML form, that handles all the checkbox selections, navigation buttons, etc. And obviously the form is wrapped in an HTML form, because ... well, it's a form. It'll work in a details view, because there's no HTML form involved in displaying a Fabrik form in details view.

However, give me edit access to that form, and I'll see if that's part of the problem or if it's a different issue.

-- hugh

Thanks for the great explanation, Hugh. I just tested the front end user "fabrikUser" (same password as the admin user in my sites) and it now responds with the same results that I've had (edit no AJAX popup & view details does have an AJAX popup). If you can take a look to see if there is any way around the HTML form within and HTML form issue then that would be great.
Just a reminder; on the front end, look on the Quotes tab in the form / details of the Contracts Bid Board - Site Name: "NSB City Building Renovation". On the backend; look at fabrik lists > Contracts - Estimate / Quotes List >Links tab.
Thanks in advance, Hugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back