Recent content by smarinaccio

1. S

Hiding an element while viewing

I figured it out. The key was to make that descriptive field a "display" and not a normal field. Thanks for spurring me in the right direction.
  2. S

Icon based on another field

No. That function simply replaces the test with an icon denoted. What I am looking for is if the data contains something specific or is exactly something - then display the icon. For example, Field A includes the answers A, B & C. I am looking for the answer B. This record includes B, so...
  3. S

Icon based on another field

I'd like to have records display an icon, based on a certain fields contents. For example, " If field X = "yes", then display 'star.png' ". Is this possible? How?
  4. S

If I set it to only viewable by superadmin or nobody, then no one could see the notes. I want the public to see the notes WHEN FILLING OUT THE FORM, but if someone else, later, views the info in the record - I no longer need the "how to fill out this form" notes to display. Does that make...
  5. S

I'd like to be able to have an element appear when someone is filling in a form, but not be there if someone else is reviewing the record. A case in point is that on the form, I have a few note elements which guide the person to fill out the form in a certain way. After submitting the form...
  6. S

Checkbox Sorting Vertically ?

I searched for this answer, but could not find anything. Thank you in advance for any assistance / clarification. I have a form where I ask people to tick boxes for countries they have worked in. I have a list of about 90 countries. On the form, this is rendered as checkboxes. The issue...
  7. S

User element & Update on Edit

I'd like to have an element grab the name of the user when a record is created. Then, the record keeps that data - forever. This will be to show WHO made the record. Sounds easy enough, but I can't get the data to stick. I created an element which uses the plug-in "user" and set it to...
  8. S

Won't accept new records on front end.

I got it working. Thanks.
  9. S

Won't accept new records on front end.

On Fabrik 3.0.6.3, just got things (I thought) back up and running with the recent weirdness regarding recent updates... so, now I am having trouble adding new records via a front-end form. On the back-end, there's no problem - I add some new data and it shows up on the table (front and back)...
  10. S

Update error

Has anyone figured out the fix to this yet?
  11. S

Update error

Additional details: If this helps shed more light on it, I had only recently installed Fabrik 3, and then updated to the GitHub file, using the manual moving files with Filezilla method. When I got the error, I uninstalled all the Fabrik items from my Joomla 2.5.6 install, then scoured the FTP...
  12. S

Update error

Me too. I am having the same issue.
  13. S

Pre-Filters and Public Viewing

I think I am right, but just want to be sure... There is no way to not require logging in and still hope to have a person see whatever answers they put into a form... is there? As in, cookies or some other such thing? I don't mind requiring people to log in, but it sometimes causes issues...
  14. S

Email Receipts - "From"

"Receipt" in the appropriate area of my form admin page. Using Fabrik 3.
  15. S

Email Receipts - "From"

Hey everyone. I recently created a form for a site, and decided to tinker around with the ability to have the site email the person who filled out the form a confirmation. I got this to work, no problem - but the "From" email which goes to people is generated from somewhere deep in the...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back