2 things i need farbrik to look into

Racmitch

hey guys, need your help with 2 items,
1. I have paid to renew my pro subscription a week ago and still do not have access to the pro forum, it says I have insufficient permissions to post in this forum, i looked at my account and says I have a pro sub, can someone look into this, sent an mail a week ago and notes in your chat window today, no answers
2. I had correctly working and tested forms and records view on my site, they worked perfectly until this morning when joomla automatically updated me to 2.5.19 now I'm having issues with all my forms, users can't delete their records unless they refresh (f5) the page, some forms are showing the last entry even after a "save" never did that before, and super admins can't view "registered" users records (again they could before this j update), please advise on both issues

Try posting in the Pro forum again.

I'll go check on my 2.5 site, get it updated to 2.5.19, see if I can replicate the problems.

-- hugh

I'm having the same issues with the broken J! download site.

About to install the full ZIP by hand.

FYI, I got hold of the relevant folk at J! to take a look at the joomlacode site.

-- hugh

ok, adding to this dilemma, i created another form today and used a "date" plug-in in the form, when i first tested the date field i could click on the calendar icon and select a date, within an hour the icon no longer worked, it was still there but didn't do anything, so that's my user delete button in list view has to have the page refreshed before it will work and now the calendar icon working then suddenly stopping. I am so totally lost.

OK, for some reason your form isn't loading the JS for the display element ... which blows up the form init code before we get to setting up the dates.

Working on it.

-- hugh

OK, the second issue, with the dates, was because somehow you were missing some files (the JavaScript class) in the 'display' element, so your display element was blowing up when the page loaded, which was preventing the date elements fro setting up. I copied the missing files up, and that now works.

On the list delete thing, that looks like a bug we fixed a while back.

Can you catch me on Live Chat, so we can figure out if we need to update your Fabrik to the latest github. I just don't want to do it without you there. Or ... do a site backup, and let me know on this thread. I just don't like doing full github updates on customer sites without knowing you have a good backup of the current setup. Once I know that's done, I can do a github update for you.

I have a feeling your site may also have updated Fabrik automagically, to a slightly broken version, which was replaced soon after.

-- hugh

Hugh,
I see that the date icon is now working, I have no idea how fabrik would have got updated or to a broken version. I haven't updated anything from fabrik. Mystery to me. But I did do a full Akeeba back-up today and also did a full server back up from the hosting company, so I do have 2 current back ups taken since you made the corrections, if you think i have a broken version of fabrik or missing files as you are suggesting, please know that I have the proper back ups and you can upload what ever fabrik version from the git you think will correct this issue or populate the files you believe are missing. Thank you for all your help.

hey guys, i added a new form today using a "sub group?" meaning I created the standard list, form, group added elements, then i made another group and told it to belong to the form i made, it works fine some of the time, this is the form in question
Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 9.15.39 PM.png However sometimes when I load the page with the form i get this Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 9.19.28 PM.png with the sub group showing as "no data" and if i click the view records list it also shows like this Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 9.22.12 PM.png again i am using content plugins to place the form in an article view form and view list syntax, plus I am using the "repete" functions in "groups" to allow users to repete the sub group...is this "no data" message being caused by the issue in this thread "full github updates on customer sites without knowing you have a good backup of the current setup. Once I know that's done, I can do a github update for you.
I have a feeling your site may also have updated Fabrik automagically, to a slightly broken version, which was replaced soon after."
or did i not do something correctly? Do i need to add to the syntax string to include the subgroup id?
Thanks

Which form is that? The images don't give me enough to go on to work out which one it is, and you have too many forms for me to go digging through trying to find it on your site.

The "no data" message just means that no repeat has been added yet. You should be able to set "Repeat min" to 1 in the group settings, to have it always show at least one empty group.

BTW, that thing with the display element - looks like that was our goof, not yours. We've discovered that there were some files missing from our ZIP file.

I'd still like to do a fill github update on your site, so just catch me on live chat or Skype next time you see me online, and we'll take care of that.

--hugh

ok, hugh, adding a "min 1" to the repeat in groups corrected that issue, no need to follow up on, or hunt this form out as this one as it looks corrected, I left min repeat blank thinking "blank(0) would be "no minimum", so i was wrong, added "1" and it is corrected. Thank you. I will catch you online somewhere so we can do the git hub update, hopefully that will correct all the weirdness issues i have been having and add the files i seem to be missing, I don't know alot about fabrik and the files i should have, but i do know some were there and are not now, like in the forms templates, i know early on i saw one that was "labels over field" or something like that and that isn't there anymore. So i will catch you on line, thanks for your help.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back