30+ sec. delay to initially load a list

tesla

Hello there!
I am currently running one of the latest version of Fabrik and J:3.4.8.

When I or a customer try to load a page and there was more than an hour from the last time this page has been loaded by anybody it takes way over 30 sec. The second and every subsequent load of the same page takes 2-3 sec at most. Using IE11 gives worse results but it is just slightly better with the other browsers.

The list on that page contains a DBjoin element and a CDD element, and a few more standard elements.

I have checked with hosting provider looking at every possible parameter, performing tests and it was clear that it is not from the hosting.

Any other information needed, please do let me know.
Could you please give me any direction how to resolve this issue?
Thank you!

Do you have joins added to your list (with display mode = merge records)?

Do you have a "normalized" setup, i.e., databasejoins and CDDs using id[recommended] as value?

It's almost certainly because you are not using a unique value as either the foreign key or the value of the CDD.

If you describe your join / CDD setup, we may be able to pinpoint the problem.

-- hugh

Thanks so much, troester and hugh!
Checked all CDD setups and found one where instead of using the unique ID in the DATA tab I used a repeating text element which is actually the same CDD element.
Since I can't set the unique ID as DATA Id for this CDD (once set there is obviously nothing appearing on the back and front end in the list for this element for obvious reasons) I changed the type of this element from CDD to field and made the internalid element into a CDD (don't know whether this is a good practice but seems to work for now)
Thanks again!

No it isn't good practice, and will almost certainly lead to problems down the road.

You should probably look at massaging your existing data by hand to replace those values with the real FK value.

-- hugh

Hugh, thanks for your warning!

My InternalId is actually an Id that I have created, not an autoincrement Id and is the only unique value (all other columns contain repeating data). This is a list where most likely users/viewers will not write to. The only modifications will probably be done directly in DB. If problems are identified I will most likely create a new column with autoincrement to serve as internalid...

Have a nice weekend!

If you don't use the table's primary key as value in your CDD make sure that your "InternalId" has a MySQL index added.

O-oooo :)
What if I index my primary key which is value in the CDD (it is actually indexed at the moment) ?!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back