add button next tab

prophoto

I need to make it dead simple for a user to go to the second page of a tabbed form. The next/previous buttons are not rendering so I tried to add a button element. I tried a button element with js and it doesn't work. Help.

which form?
The next previous buttons will render as long as you have a group (other than the fist group) which is set to 'Pagination - multi page forms->page break = yes'

Only one form, place ad. Turning on page break doesn't show prev/next buttons in tabbed view. See element #20 that would do the job if I could get it to work.

think this one relates to the other thread, in that there is an incompatibility issue between the tabs template and the multipage forms. I've reset your form template to 'bootstrap'

I need to make it dead simple for a user to go to the second page of a tabbed form. The next/previous buttons are not rendering so I tried to add a button element. I tried a button element with js and it doesn't work. Help.

As Rob explained the next/prev buttons are only for multi-page forms, not tabbed forms.

I've never tried switching between tabs through JS, I'll go take a look, see if I can work out what you need to do from your button.

-- hugh

Do you see why I would like such a button? I'd rather have some kind of obvious workflow between tabs at the bottom of each form, especially if I need to add a 3rd tab. Best case would be the submit button is a next button instead of submit until they get to the final tab; but adding a next butt is second best and obvious I think.

Indeed.

OK as long as you stick with the bootstrap template, the JS is:

Code:
jQuery('#group2_tab').tab('show');

Our bootstrap templates just use the built in bootstrap tab widget, for details see:

http://getbootstrap.com/javascript/#tabs

... although that may be for a slightly newer version, but it should more or less work as documented there.

I modified your button's JS code to do that, and tested it, seems to work.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back