adding a record via calendar hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

p38

Pressing the "add" button pops up the form window, but hangs without displaying any of the form detail.

paul.

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 325
Can you point me at that page.

Works for me locally, so probably some kind of JS issue on your site.

-- hugh

I'll need to poke around on the backend, and the My Sites login for Cape Gliding Club doesn't seem to work on this site.

-- hugh

BTW, if you load the form that the popup is trying to load in the popup, it's saying "COULD NOT FIND RECORD IN DATABASE"

... if I open it with rowid=0, which is what the calendar popup does ...

http://cirrlus.co.za/myglidingclub/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=1&rowid=0

... but it I leave out the rowid=0 ...

http://cirrlus.co.za/myglidingclub/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=1
... or leave out the 0 ...

http://cirrlus.co.za/myglidingclub/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=1&rowid=

... it loads. Which smells like a bug we fixed a week or two ago.

Are you sure you are running a recent github?

-- hugh

I'll update and check.

My update is about 3 weeks old, there is no way I can monitor and keep track of all updates, this is why I requested a while back some type of messaging or bug tracker list system. (cant recall the topic)

In this way, I can simply lookup for the calendar and pull latest summary list of bug fixes to determine if an update is needed.

The latest commits does not help much, as one needs to categeorise all bug fixes.

Paul

We are constantly on the lookout for an issue tracker which would integrate in to our work flow. But the only ones we can find add an extra layer of complexity and additional workflow steps, to a process which is already time consuming enough for us. And of course, an issue tracker only helps when something is specifically raised as an issue - about half of the commits we make in Fabrik are not in response to a specific "issue".

We are hoping that the new 'jtracker' the Joomla! team is building will help, as it is specifically designed to track issues in J! code, integrating with github. So we're in a holding pattern till that's ready, and we can see if it does what we need.

If you want to keep an eye on a specific plugin, just navigate to that plugin in github, and see when it was last updated:

http://screencast.com/t/uj4jnmTLR

BTW, I think I had issues trying to log in to the backend on your gliding club site, on another thread. Did that get resolved?

I'll keep trying to resolve this, but it's tough when I can't replicate it on my site.

-- hugh

Seems to be working for me now on your site.

Can you make sure your do a ctrl-F5, to force a reload of the javascript?

There is a formatting issue with the checkbox on your popup, but you could prolly work round that by setting the 'options per row' to 1.

But the basic functionality now works - double click, up comes a form, submit it, calendar gets updated with new event.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh, The first thing I do is ctrl+F5, but what I am finding now with the latest version of Firefox (v23.0.1), is that it does not always refresh and clear the cache, even tho I do this. Also the flash plugin always crashes, which never did before.

I have picked up a few things I would appreciate you check with the calendar (my sites has all login details).....

• The popup form window never centres, but the browser always scrolls to bottom, consequently, every add/edit one has to scroll UP to get the form. Even on my 1920x1080 HD monitor where there is plenty of screen real estate.
  • When you click an entry in the calender, the window popsup up with the event. Close this window. Now ADD a new event directly after this, and you will see that this event popup shows again, including the add form popup. I suspect some variable has not been cleared when closing the event popup
  • The form entry popup window always has scroll bars, which tells me some calc is not working correctly for the auto width. Is there a way you can have something whereby we can set the width, or a %.

I am using the expose framework (similar to gantry) and works brilliantly across the board except the following 2 items...

• Checkboxes do not display horzontal, but rather vertically, no matter what Options per row is set
  • The popup event window has a transparent background, with no window border.
Whilst I understand you do all your testing on the very basic jloomla3 standard template, it might be good to check these 2 items out, as it probably does not conform to responsive standards across all frameworks.

Paul.

I get a 'Youur registration process is not yet complete! Please ......' when I try to log into the site on the front end. I took a look in the admin, but the user seems to be enabled so Im not sure what needs completing?

Have activated your super user, community builder was holding up the account.

Login works OK.

Thanks

Paul

PS: You should be able to check out all the point above without login on front end.

The popup form window never centres, but the browser always scrolls to bottom, consequently, every add/edit one has to scroll UP to get the form. Even on my 1920x1080 HD monitor where there is plenty of screen real estate.
Think I've resolved this one

The popup event window has a transparent background, with no window border.
Seems like they are not including the full bootstrap css, - or have failed to restyle for modal's, In the default bootstrap css for example there is:

Code:
.modal-header {
padding: 9px 15px;
border-bottom: 1px solid #eee;
}
When you click an entry in the calender, the window popsup up with the event. Close this window. Now ADD a new event directly after this, and you will see that this event popup shows again, including the add form popup. I suspect some variable has not been cleared when closing the event popup
Should be fixed as well, we were toggling the tips rather than hiding them
The form entry popup window always has scroll bars, which tells me some calc is not working correctly for the auto width.
Ahhhha this took a while for me to figure out, but the issue was clashing css between the calendar legend and the <legend> tag - should be fixed now.
Checkboxes do not display horzontal, but rather vertically, no matter what Options per row is set
Got a url where we can see that ?
-Rob

Checkboxes do not display horzontal, but rather vertically, no matter what Options per row is set​
Got a url where we can see that ?
-Rob

You can edit a record below the calndar and you will find a checkbox element. The "Options per row" has been set to 3.

Paul

are you sure they actually use bootstrap? I don't see any css applied to the 'span4' class which in theory should set the checkbox to render as a 1/3 of the row width

Looking at the header of the tempalte, its template grid layout seems to be using a non-bootstrap format (using grid3, grid 9 as classnames rather than span3, span9)

Perhaps its something to raise more with them than us?

thanks rob, could possible be the case. Back to the drawing board.

My next question would be.........

could you recommend a bootstrap framework template that I could use, one that does not need a lot of code level customizing, and allows a fair bit of look and feel changes?

eek I tend not to use others templates so I'm probably not the best person to ask - I know people have been using the t3 frame work and other templates from http://www.joomlart.com but I've no personal experience

Hi Rob, I have updated and tested . Some problems still persist.

1) Add a new event, when trying to save I get

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON data

It also adds 10 or so spurious records into the list for no reason.

Once this error occurs, any refresh of the page, adds an extra calendar for the next month directly below the previous one. The only way to reset this is to close the browser and restart.

2) The popup window does not centre vertically in the browser window. Try adding a record with a browser on full screen set to 1920x1080. The browser scrolls to the bottom, and the popup disappears. This happens on standard 1280x720 as well.

3) the CANCEL button does nothing, one has to close the window to cancel.

If you use my site myGLidingClub , you can see all the issues.

Oh, but yeah, the vertical positioning is fubared, as it scrolls the viewport and moves the top of the popup out of view.

I'll have a quick look at that code.

--hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back