Adding Button element without adding DB field?

kknuth

I am missing something really simple here....I can smell it. But I can't figure it out.

I have a list based on a custom DB view. I want to add a button to each row in the list that launches another fabrik form that edits the underlying DB table fields.
I have the view working.
I have the form working and it edits the fields.

I cannot figure out how to add the button to jump to the form. When I try, fabrik insists on wanting a Name for the Button element that corresponds to a DB field. I don't have anymore DB fields to use and the button isn't tied to a DB field anyways, its just a button.

You can define custom edit and view links (i.e. pointing to your other form) in your list settings ("Links").

For me it did not replace the default edit link. I now have two edit links. See my other post in this forum for how to create a custom link that does not use the form's primary key in the link. I don't think you can do this.

The related data feature sounds good, but it seems like the link created is for an ADD, not an EDIT. So that does not work either.

I fear fabrik cannot do this.

Even if fabrik could generate a button that would EDIT the record there appears to be a bug with the related data feature is ALWAYS appending a rowid= to the link which screws things up. BUG!

is ALWAYS appending a rowid= to the link
I fixed that bug yesterday - perhaps try updating from github to see if the fix resolves your issue?
-Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back