Advance Search Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrd

The advanced search on my website does not work in any browser except Safari.

On every other browser when you click on Advanced Search, I get a Pop Up box with the word "Loading" and a spinning wheel of doom. :(

I am running 2.5.14 Joomla with 3.08 Fabrik.

Unfortunately, I cannot move to 3.1 because of problems with other components on the site not being upgradeable.

Attachments

• AdvancedBroken.png
    AdvancedBroken.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 359
Advanced search is working OK on all browsers for me. Well, on IE10, Chrome and FF. I don't use Safari.

Can you give us a URL to the page?

If necessary, fill out your My Sites (to the left of any of your posts) with the site details, for logins.

-- hugh

I have added the registered level access to the list in the My Sites information area. When I click on Advance Search on the list that I have provided for you to see, it shows nothing now. Not even a spinning wheel.

Please help me get this fixed.

I tried running Fabrik 3.1 on Joomla 2.5.14, and I have problems with the way the "Group By" feature looks. Is there a way to turn that off?

Also, when I try to use the Advance Search, it no longer works as a pop up. It takes me to a separate page.

I am trying to make a test site with Joomla 3.1 and Fabrik 3.1, but I just don't have the time and resources to upgrade to that magnitude right now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 4.24.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 4.24.02 PM.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 337
  • Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 4.25.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 4.25.04 PM.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 335
The group by should format as a button with a dropdown list, so that looks like a CSS issue, no doubt template related. The advanced search definitely works in 3.1 as a popup, so that's site related as well.

I'll take a look at your site and get back to you.

-- hugh

Looks like you got the CSS issue sorted out, but I'm now getting a JS error when hovering over the buttons, and the advanced search popup is blank.

Looking at it now.

-- hugh

I have updated the information of MySite. It is an exact duplicate of the live site. It is 2.5.14 Joomla build with the most recent 3.0.9 Fabrik.
Again, I do not have the time or resources to upgrade to either J3.1, or Fabrik 3.1, when Fabrik 3.1 is still in Beta.
Everything about Fabrik 3.0.9 works perfectly except for the Advance Search.
Your username and password will also get you into the admin side of the cmicorporate.info site.

I understand that you are short on time, but so are we, and that really just punts the issue on to us. We just built the final release of 3.0.9, which is now in maintenance mode, as it's an about-to-be deprecated version, running on a deprecated version of J!. We're not going to be fixing any more bugs for 3.0.x, unless they are "serious", and involve potential loss of data, or security issues.

Just FYI, we are in the process of building 3.1 RC1. So I still strongly suggest you continue working towards getting a 3.1 version of the site running, if you want your site to have legs.

Anyway, your problem isn't a Fabrik one. It's a cross domain issue, with www.yourdomain.com vs yourdomain.com. The front end seems to have a rewrite to www., probably in an htaccess file, but the AJAX call to load that window uses whatever your J!'s 'livesite' URL, which is just yourdomain.com. Which as far as the browser is concerned is a cross domain load, which JS/AJAX doesn't like.

You'll probably need to edit your configuration.php, and set livesite to the www address.

Here's a video where you can see it working, if I put a breakpoint in the JS, and manually set that AJAX call to use the www address.

http://screencast.com/t/KHbOmIeQ7

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back