Ajax uploads not validating

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondejars

Hi there, I have been playing with upload directory placeholders on several ajax fileupload elements, not element placeholders but {date}, and after checking if it works, none of the Ajax fileupload elements on the whole site is validating or storing in db anymore (just freezes when saving), but the file is uploaded.
It validates and stores files on normal (non-Ajax) uploads, but unfortunately I need to upload several files at once.
No error msg or weird browser console output.

I have deleted and re-created all these elements to refresh db tables, updated the db from the form update db button etc. and nothing seems to work.
As usual I have checked many posts in the forums but I have found nothing similar to this.

Could anyone please throw a bit of light on this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:
Which Joomla and Fabrik version?
Normal validation (on submit) or ajax validation?
"Freezing" sounds like getting an error message instead of a JSON string; can you check the server response in your browser dev tool in the "Network" tab?

Hey, updated from GitHub yesterday, just in case, Joomla! 3.8.10 Stable [ Amani ], tried both ajax and normal validation, same result.

I have attached a picture of the network console, no errors at first sight.

I am using different paths for every fileupload element but sharing {date} placeholder to create individual folders for each element:
Attachments: /root/{date}/attachments/
Handover: /root/{date}/handover/
H&S: /root/{date}/hs/

Cheers.

I have attached a picture of the network console, no errors at first sight.
If there's some error/warning it's in the Response (sub)tab
View attachment 17321

Which validations are you running?
{date} placeholder in an ajax upload with notempty validation is working fine on my site.
Did you try to disable all but one of your fileuploads etc?

So I have checked on Response tab, but no errors there, just the created path, picture attached.

I am not running any extra validations, just a form email plugin, which I have unpublished for these checks.
I have deleted all fileupload elements, deleted repeat tables on mySQL, created a new ajax fileupload element which is creating the correct repeat table on db, but still having the same behavior.

I have cleared both Joomla and browser cache and all records to start fresh, tried with several browsers as well.

Sorry for not being more accurate with the dev/debug tools and specific info, I am still a learning newbie.

Last edited:
Yep, I have removed placeholders and refreshed the element but still the same... File is uploaded but on save validation stops and nothing is stored on db. No error message on console or network response.

Cheers.

Just in case it helps tracking the issue, I have been checking on several computers and browsers and the issue is erratic, everything works ok from Android and MacOS, unstable on Windows browsers, so probably the problem is not in Fabrik itself but the browsers... I'll keep checking to see if I can isolate the issue.

Cheers.

Can you point me at the list / form?

I use the upload element a lot, from all major platforms / browsers, never had the problem you are describing.

-- hugh

Well, this is embarrassing and I owe you an apology. After deactivating all extensions from Chrome and Firefox everything works as intended.
My next step is activate one extension at time to check which one is colliding with Fabrik, it will probably be a popup blocker.

Apologies (self whack)...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back