Autocomplete field powered by google map

ousao

Hi,

How can i have an Autocomplete field powered by google map?

Is this possible?

Attachments

• places-autocomplete-suggest.png
    places-autocomplete-suggest.png
    15 KB · Views: 385
The example you showed looks like this jQuery plugin:

https://github.com/ubilabs/geocomplete

... which would be possible to use, with some custom JS, and form plugin to load the additional javascript files required.

It's actually something I think would be useful to implement as an option for text fields, so I'd be prepared to split the cost of implementing it in Fabrik with you.

-- hugh

Let me know if you are interested, I'll give you an estimate of the cost. The way we handle adding features for people which we think benefit Fabrik is that we only charge for 50% of the development time. In this case, I think that'd be about an hour of billable time.

-- hugh

Hi,
I updated the field plugin only fom github and added a google map API but the geocomplete is not working??
Did I miss something?
Thank you

Nope, you can't cherry pick updates from git, as changes in one file or commit often rely on changes in file elsewhere. Always upload everything, in "always overwrite" mode (don't use any "only overwrite if ..." options in your client).

In this case, it's not just the field plugin, there's changes in other files as well (like the main fabrik.js), and a new 3rd party library added to ./libs.

-- hugh

Are you seeing Geocomplete under the Auto Complete options, in the Advanced settings for your field element?

If so, when you try it on the front end, are you seeing any Javascript errors, if you open up either Chrome's dev tools, or Firebug in FF?

You may need to clear your cache to force the browser to pick up the new JS files.

-- hugh

Are you running some kind of security plugin?

Something is causing this URL ...

Code:
https://www.yoursite.com/components/com_fabrik/libs/googlemaps/geocomplete/jquery.geocomplete.js

... to redirect to your home page, instead of loading that JS library.

And btw, there are JS errors on loading that page. Not sure how you aren't seeing those with Chrome's dev tools? Under the "More tools" menu. Or Ctrl-shift-i. Brings up Chrome's debugger. You'll see a number of errors.

-- hugh

I have a plugin that redirect everything to SSL and another one that redirect missing pages to homepage.

How do I fix this then?

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 263
Let me know if you are interested, I'll give you an estimate of the cost. The way we handle adding features for people which we think benefit Fabrik is that we only charge for 50% of the development time. In this case, I think that'd be about an hour of billable time.

-- hugh
Hi Hugh (and Rob of Course)
Since mid 2012 I have been interested in this "concept"...smile,

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back