Base URL?

cdcalvert

GoDaddy - Linux - PHP5 - com_fabrik_2.0rc3

GoDaddy has this previewdns deal now that automatically creates a temporary subdomain before pointing the ARecords in the DNS settings to the IP address of the new hosting provider.

I did not choose this provider. My boss did. Anyway, I think this is what is causing some development problems. Joomla is not installed at the root, but in a sub-directory. I had to change the base URL of the temp folder to get some components to install.

My problem with Fabrik is that the 'add' button under the validations tab in the elements section doesn't work. Also the delete button when viewing data in table view. I think these are both AJAX actions.

Is there a base URL that needs altering in one of the files to correct this? Where should I look for that?

Thanks for your help.

I am having the same problem, only I have Joomla installed in the root directory. So it being installed in a subdirectory is probably not the issue?! I have the hostname set to [myhostname].previewdns.com in the configuration.php file, I have also tried with ip and just [myhostname], but that does not help the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm taking a dive into unknown waters here but what about a rewrite base in the .htaccess? (maybe totally stupid... just thought of it)

We use JRoute and/or relative paths for all our URL's, so they should all work regardless of where J! is installed.

Couple of things to check:

1) Run FireFox with FireBug, and watch the Console (or Net) tabs in FireBug, where you'll see any AJAX calls being made. You can then view the Response from those calls, which may contain some clues.

2) Again, with FireBug, see if there are any JavaScript errors when you first load the page(s) with the broken links.

One thing to note - you MUST access your pages with the same base URL that you configured in Joomla's global config. So if your J! config is "foo.com", and you try and access your site as "www.foo.com", AJAX calls will fail (this is a security issue in the browser, nothing to do with Fabrik). Which is where having a .htaccess redirect from www.foo.com to foo.com comes in useful.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back