[Bug] commit e75766e2f8 StrictStandards and fatal error pagination in J!2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, not absolutely sure this is a bug, however since the git pull to this commit I now have a strict standards error.

"
Strict Standards: Declaration of FPagination::_item_active() should be compatible with JPagination::_item_active(&$item) in /.../html/components/com_fabrik/helpers/pagination.php on line 32 Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerView::get() should be compatible with JCacheController::get($id, $group = NULL) in /.../html/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/view.php on line 137 Fatal error: Class 'JLayoutFile' not found in /.../html/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 1576
"

Hmmm, as per our Skype session, you are running J! 2.5, and it looks like we may have addd some code which only works on J! 3.x.

Looking at it now.

-- hugh

Yup, JLayout is a J! 3.x thing, doesn't exist in 2.5.

For now, you''ll need to back out to a github prior to this commit:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/1396b672643f6576fce81e1d18894be3bb7f19dd

... while we work out what to do about this. As per our Skype conversation just now about keeping Fabrik backward compatible with J! 2.5 ...

That's going to become more and more of an issue, as we move forward. We try and keep Fabrik 3.1 backward compatible, but J! is now at 3.2, and we have to keep up with J!, and we dont have much time for testing against J! 2.x. So this kind of thing will start happening more and more, as we use new J! 3.x features like (in this case) layouts.

-- hugh

Hugh helped me back track to a commit before Pollen8 changed lists to Jlayout.. on commit 1396b672643f6576fce81e1d18894be3bb7f19dd

joomla 2.5 you hate me so..

So I Set back to 6dd0cf7dac1a709441ed3def59d2f9ff9d89a0e8 . hope this works. o_O

Yep. things are flowing now. at least at first glance!

I've just committed a fix/backport of JLayout for Joomla 2.5. That should resolve the fatal error.
I should have considered the Joomla 2.5 issue before using JLayout but its just too nice a feature, I got carried away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back