[bug] form view, show title option

Turn off for detail view, still shows in detail view.
Off in detail view id you set off for form view.

appears setting on or off for detail view has no effect.. at least when using this in detail view template.

PHP:
if ($this->params->get('show_page_heading', 1))

could you be more precise, its not clear to me what settings you have - (post a screen shot) - which template you are using, and which version of Joomla/fabrik this is? I'm presuming Joomla 2.5 and Fabrik 3.1?

I am not sure if its the template either.. you know.. calling the FORM show_page_title and not the DETAIL show page title.. I copied the default template actually.. and the above php is the line checking..
What I am trying to do is allow the FORM to show the page title in the FORM settings, and not show in the details view.

http://screencast.com/t/d2rJ1mEmvu

I think it's design, the same in fab3.0/J!2.5 and fab3.1/J!3.2, not template related.

"Show title" is switching on/off the title in form and details view.
"Show title in details view" is an absolutly missleading label but it's doing what is said in the tooltip, it's setting the browser's title (whereas in form view the browser title is always the form's title:confused:)

Zwischenablage02.jpg

Thats what it is. I did not even notice the tool tip. and it does work as advertised.. Totally makes sense now!!
Sorry for the confusion.. THANKS troester!

I dimly remember in the mists of time we added that for someone who had a very convincing reason why they needed that feature. But I think it was only ever to humor that one person.

-- hugh

No dont TAKE it out! having that option in the page title is a good idea? Its good .. its Good..
oh, the menu title is not applied to the page title.. .

Should still keep it there

could you explain further? I'm struggling to see why there is/was a specific switch to not set the page title in the details view.
With that option set to not show the title the details view browser title was never filled with anything useful and defaulted to the page URL

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back