[bug] since last 3 updates, not able to save form (Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.8-1272)

egreidi

Hello,

Since the last 3 updates, I am not able to save a created Form, or save a modified existing Form.
The Save, Save & Close, Save & New are not responding.

Latest update I used: Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.8-1272-g6ee2cda.zip

I am hoping that in next update, this will also be corrected.

Thanks,
Eugene

Can I suggest that you download the github joomla3 branch again and reapply it and check that whether this fixes it? (Just to rule out an issue with copying the last update onto your system)

Hi,

I downloaded it again, and recopied everything. Still not able to save a form.
I use CPanel, and the zip file I create, I extract it after I upload it to cPanel.

I see that new update has come out. I will try that now, hopefully it will fix the problem.
If not, do you think I should manually copy the folders, and not do an unzip?

I just completed the update (Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.8-1279-g6ffe7da), and still I am not able to save a newly created form, or a modified form.
The save buttons to not respond.

Any suggestions?

There was a similar issue a couple of week ago with elements empty trash, but it was resolved.

However, that might provide some pointers to help gather more details.

Can you go into your browser's development tools (e.g. firebug) and see if you get JS console errors?

I ran into that issue not too long ago as well. I think just clearing the browser cache or a force refresh (Ctrl + F5) fixed it.

Either way, it is always a good idea to clear your browser cache whenever you update to force new JS files to load.

It is getting this error below on the back end when I hit save or Save and Close, also Save and New. I can only close it.

Uncaught ReferenceError: Fabrik is not defined
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&layout=edit&id=2:265
I have just done all above and still not able to save the form, all started when my I hit Save on my form and nothing happened. I think this would be the save issue.
I have tested other articles,components and modules and they are good.

Firefox point to this .js

if (task !== 'form.cancel') {
if (!Fabrik.controller.canSaveForm()) { // this is the line showing on the firebug
alert('At least one group must be selected');
return false;
}

Any suggestion?

Kind Regards
-BRAUS

Hi hugh,

As I been searching I have seen you name everywhere. I have found a work around it.

The issue happened when I updated fabrik from fabrik-joomla3 folder. on the folder administrator/components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/bootstrap.php I commented out couple line.
from 32 to 36... here is the code.
if (task !== 'form.cancel') {
if (!Fabrik.controller.canSaveForm()) {
alert('<?php echo JText::_('COM_FABRIK_ERR_ONE_GROUP_MUST_BE_SELECTED'); ?>');
return false;
}
I have tested it and now I can save the form, but it requires that I select a group every single time that I open any form.
this applies only for form.

I am happy to reinstall all over again, but can you please send me the link for the latest one?
I am going to put it aside for now and use another form, but I am happy to come back to fabrik, I see a great potential on the job you guys do. Well done.
hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

-BRAUS

Also, open firebug and refresh the page to see if you are getting JS errors on load.

"Uncaught ReferenceError: Fabrik is not defined" is symptomatic of some other javascript error at page load. The Fabrik variable is loaded towards the end of fabrik.js, so either this is not being included in your HTML for some reason or you are getting an error when it loads.

So, if you still can't see any JS errors, check in your HTML for:
HTML:
<script src="/media/com_fabrik/js/lib/require/require.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
require.config({
shim: {"fab\/fabrik":
});

Hope this helps.

S

Hi Sophist,

I get that error still. Uncaught ReferenceError: Fabrik is not defined on chrome and ReferenceError: Fabrik is not defined

if (!Fabrik.controller.canSaveForm()) { on Firefox.

I looked at Page Source either on the back end "fabrik>form>myformname" and front end.
I could find require.js as you listed above, but I could not find
require.config({
I had to click on require.js to see require.config() but it is not like you showed here.

that means that I need to update .js file?

That's for your reply.

Kind Regards,

-BRAUS

I think you definitely need to update from GitHub and see if it fixes your problem - this is always the first thing you should try especially with a beta.

S

I actually have updated from here. not success at all, just don't what else to do.
I have done it through FTP, copy and paste (overwriting it), Clear joomla cache, log out and clear browser cache, close browser.
Went back to the back end and nothing has changed unfortunately.
Am I missing something?
Try to set element as googlemap and could not save there either, but it is all good with groups.
On extensions manager I see some of the fabrik plugins as v3.0.8 and some as v3.1b.
On the 3.1b version, looking at the date column it has this
${createdate}, which is pretty new to me. maybe it is some sign of the error.
Thanks for you support Sophist.

By the way, should I something with build.xml, build_updateserver_xml.xml, build_on_js.xml and build_config.ini.
I could not find any thing on the instructions so I assumed that it will update itself once I refresh the plugins page.

Hey Sophist,

I searched for require.js on github
and I could not find this line

require.config({

Sorry for trowing info at you, just want to fix it.Cheers

The github URL looks good. You can fix the version numbering by going into Manage Extensions, selecting the Fabrik extensions and clicking Refresh. Also go to Extensions Discover and click Discover.

You don't need to do anything with the files you mentioned - these are for creating a pucka Fabrik version, not for use on your own server.

Is your site accessible from the internet? If so, send me details in a private conversation and I will take a look.

S

Ok - I am in - but not being superadmin I can't check global settings or extensions.

I can save a record in the only list/form that exists, but I cannot update it. I get:

Code:
1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version
for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL=
UPDATE `ang_fabrik_service` SET
`service`='Aged care accommodation',
`full_name`='Sophist',
`contact_phone`='ex-dir',
`email`='nowhere@endsoftheearth.com',
`suburb`='Devon',
`contacting_anglicare`='Friend',
`method`='Phone number',
`enquiry`='Testing only list/form.',
`captcha`='' WHERE

Is this the error you are trying to resolve?

S

Apologies in advance for the lengthy post, but I am writing as I look through.

1. I note that there is a captcha element mentioned in the SQL and have found a couple of oddities on the captcha element:

1a. There is a blank tab on the Details page before "Standard captcha options" - this could be a bug or a bad install of Fabrik. On my site this tab is called "Options" - which suggests that there is an install issue with the Captcha element plugin - but I cannot diagnose this without superadmin access and / or access to the web server directories.

1b. The captcha element is published and set to "show in list" - not sure that "show in list" makes any sense, but it doesn't appear in either form or list, perhaps because it has not been fully configured. I have unpublished this element but this didn't help.

2. I tried using fabrikdebug=1 on the form, however it looks like fabrik debug is not enabled in fabrik options. Not being superadmin, I cannot turn this on myself. I recommend during dev that you turn this on and turn on maximum php reporting in Joomla Global Settings also.

3. I noted that two elements (id and date_time) were not associated with a group / list / table - and I think that it is the lack of id which is the problem. In the list you do not have a primary key set, and there are no elements in the list. Essentially Fabrik needs a primary key for every List.

4. However when I tried to re-enable the id field, the element would not save. Looking into the HTML for an element edit and comparing it to my own site, there are key parts of the HTML missing and some odd empty divs with weird names inbetween </head> and <body>. Definitely something weird here.

However the symptoms are similar to a problem reported and fixed in March (see http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/save-other-buttons-stop-working-for-an-element.32711/ ). Since you say that you have updated from GitHub recently, I think that there may be a basic issue of how Fabrik is installed or your GitHub updates are not working.

SO.....

A. I suggest you re-update from GitHub carefully following the instructions in the wiki and see if that helps. If it does, then...

B. Re-enable the "id" field as every record needs a primary key (and this is probably the cause of the SQL error above).

You may also want to re-enable the date_time field as I would imagine it would be useful to know the date and time that the contact record was saved.

Hope this all helps.

S

P.S. I note that the latest tarball for joomla3 branch is Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.8-1750-gd443c6b.tar.gz which is a lot higher than the 1279 a month or so ago.

If you want to use the tarball methods, please make sure you are downloading from the correct URL https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/tarball/joomla3 or use the zip file instead from https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/archive/joomla3.zip.

However your more recent post seems to have done all the right things. So no idea why it is not working.

I suppose it could be a conflict with a different Joomla extension...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back