Bug with databasejoin set on autocomplete

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfquestiaux

There is an annoying bug with databasejoin element set on autocomplete: if you have more than one databasejoin element on the same form (actually I tested with 2 elements in the same tab), the first one gives this JS error:

Erreur : TypeError: Fabrik.blocks[this.options.formRef] is undefined
Fichier Source : http://www.realisation-joomla.be/xxx/media/com_fabrik/js/autocomplete-bootstrap-min.js
Ligne : 1

If I changed it to render as dropdown, it works fine.
It does not matter how the second databasejoin element is rendered.

Tested on Joomla 3.2.2 - Fabrik 3.1 - GitHub 91

Well it should be!

Can you enable Debug JS, and get a line number for the error on the uncompressed JS?

As far as I can tell, it can't possibly be tossing the same error you gave in the OP, as there is no longer any reference to Fabrik.blocks[].

-- hugh

Problem is, there is no JS error: as I explained, what is happening is, as soon as you write in the field, you get the form failed validation message, even though there is no validation set on this element. The wheel is spinning as though it is seraching for records, but no list is shown.
Remember, this is on tabbed form, editing existing record.

Ah, OK ... I just saw the "still not working" and assumed it was the same issue you referenced in the OP.

As per chat ... it's an alias replacement thing. I'm working on it.

-- hugh

Any news on this one?. I just noticed that the same bug is triggered on the filters in list view.

I'm close to wrap up this project, so I'd appreciate to have a fix for this problem or know if I have to revert everything to dropdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back