bugs with copying list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vadim

I added new elements (448, 451, 454) to group "??????? ??????" of list 19 (totally has 7 groups of elements). A copy of this list with ID 22 has not group "??????? ??????" and consists of 2 groups form the original: "??????", "????????????? ??????". I have no idea why, but new elements were also added to a list 22 within group "??????". I should say that I had similar problems (random adding new elements in copies of mail list) before. Rob, can you fix this bug? thank you!

hi

this is expected behaviour as far as I am aware. If you add elements to a group which belongs to a list whose database is linked to by other lists then those elements are also added to those additional lists.

You can simply delete the elements or unpublished them if they are not required for a given list.

It will be more expected if those elements are also added to the same group then somewhere in a copy of list or form. But if it is so easy to correct situation as you said, it is not prob.

It will be more expected if those elements are also added to the same group then somewhere in a copy of list or form

The problem with that is that the copies can have totally different groupings, so we have no real way of matching the groups. So we just add to the default group for the other copies of the list (typically the one the PK is in).

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back