Button or Link on each line of a list

pugwash

Hi,
I have a list and I would like to add either a button or a link which goes to https://*****/index.php/component/i...child=1&igtags={rowid}&searchAll=1&Itemid=362.

I have created a button which shows on the details view and redirects to the correct url but all I get on the list is an empty column with a header. I have added view to icon box to use the default icon on the list but it does not show.

I have looked at the help wiki and several threads in the forum and it seems as though using the link plug in might do the job but although a label is shown on both list and detail view there is nothing to click to activate the link.

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

Chris

{rowid} is working on my site; make sure this is plain text, no formatting etc. inside

Thanks Troester.
I don't think it's the string, I've tried http://www.google.com and that doesn't work either. I may be wrong but it doesn't look as though it is trying to use the link. Nothing changes in the browser address bar.
Chris

Thanks Troester, but where does the JS go, there is no code box similar to that on the button element? Also do you have an example of the necessary JS code?

Regards
Chris

I've realised that I misunderstood earlier thread and have added the button using the JS plugin. This gives me somewhere to add the code, but it doesn't seem to recognise {rowid}. If I add a numerical value it works fine. How do I use {rowid} in JS?
Any help would be appreciated.

The link plugin is what you need.

Here's a screencast of using it. I've put a breakpoint in the JS code that builds the link, handling the placeholders, and you can see where it replaces {rowid}.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh,
I've watched this a load of times and still can't figure it out.

I have the button OK, but nothing happens when I click on it, in your screencast it appears as though the developer window opens at the breakpoint.
I have manually opened the developer window, but can't find the code shown in the recording. I think I am missing a step somewhere, adding the JS code maybe. Any ideas?

I am a bit of a duffer when it comes to this stuff.I'm a bit puzzled why you can just add a link including the {rowid} to a button element, or a link but no {rowid} to the list js plug in and need all this coding for this plug in. I'm sure there are reasons, but it is most confusing for newbies like me.

Regards
Chris

I just stuck that breakpoint in to you can see we specifically handle the {rowid} placeholder.

I'll need to see your page to figure out why yours isn't working. You may be getting unrelated JS errors that prevent it from working.

-- hugh

http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites

I don't need ftp or phpmyadmin, just the site / account (I'll need backend access).

Note that I don't usually do this level of support in the free forums, but as this is a new plugin, I just need to make sure it isn't a generic bug.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. I appreciate the assistance and that you are going the extra mile. I've completed the details form.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back