Calculation Question

Byrd

I'm having some trouble wrapping my mind around a problem.

I have a database that is capturing Deliveries, Transfers, and Orders. I need to keep track of inventories.

Right now I am using the calculate sum at bottom of column. It's doing great. However, I ran into a problem when I was asked to make it show only through the current date, because they want to put in future deliveries.

I offered the date range filter, but they were worried that there was too much human error, there, because if they did put in the beginning date range correctly, the calculation goes off. (Beginning date range is the beginning date of the data input.)

They also want a separate line that shows inventory count from beginning of time, through current date, and then inventory line that shows upcoming (future) deliveries.

Any thoughts?

How about a pre-filter? I should be fairly easy to build a pre-filter for your_date <= NOW(). Although its not clear from your description what the beginning date needs to be?

For the "separate lines" for other totals, your only option for that would probably be a custom template, which independently calculates those (by doing your own query(s) on the table) and adds those lines.

-- hugh

The beginning date is the beginning of the database.

Essentially, the first time an inventory is "Delivered" to a location, the calculation will all start from there.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back