Calendar not showing

I know I am right ;-)

As you can see I had the same problem. I can only say that choosing a template which isn't going to have problems is not an easy task.

Sorry - but this is a Joomla thing, not a Fabrik thing. Fabrik is designed to work with Joomla icons, which is why it works with protostar - if you want to use a different template you need to make sure that whoever provides the template ensures it is compatible with protostar. Unfortunately there are a LOT of templates which aren't.

From a technical perspective, joomla/bootstrap/fontawesome icons are all rendered using fonts. The <i> tag calls the font, the icon class does a css:before to add the correct character for that icon in that particular font.

So, protostar uses a special font with a subset of icomoon. Your template uses the bootstrap glyphicon font. And other templates use fontawesome.

I guess it might be possible to use CSS to select the joomla font for joomla icon classes and the bootstrap / fontawesome font for other icon classes but this risks having icons which don't look like they go together.

So, your choices seem to me to be:

1. Try to fix this yourself - however since you don;t seem to be particularly expert in browser dev tools (which you would need to be to play around with CSS at this technical level), I would not recommend this.

2. Try to get joomlashine to make their templates compatible - which is not going to happen quickly.

3. Try to find an alternative template which is joomla icon compatible.

4. Try to find a template which uses fontawesome but is not compatible, and use my fix to make it compatible.

That's all I can offer as advice. Please let us know how you get on.

S

Thanks Sophist

I'll try to find what I need with the browser tools and report back - it will be a good exercise for me if nothing else :)_

Thanks very much for all your help - It IS very much appreciated ;)

Don't know if this helps, but another customer (betonicah) with the same clock icon issue on an RT template just Skyped me:

[8:59:20 PM] betonicah enterprises: To fix the icon-clock / icon-time Joomla / Font Awesome issue, I added the following to the custom CSS file...

.icon-clock:before {
content: "\f017" !important;
font-family: 'FontAwesome' !important;
}

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh - I tried that but it hasn't solved my issue

Its not an urgent issue now so I'll leave it as I have more pressing things to do on the site :)

Thanks again

It seems setting fonts won't help if the fonts aren't loaded.
(e.g. protostar is using content:"n" and IcoMoon font)

In your case (icons are fetched from a background image)
.icon-clock {
background-position: -48px -24px;
}
should do.

I know this isn't the right place, but i wanted to post it somewhere ... in RT templates, the 'btn-danger' stuff we use on yes/no buttons to have a red one and a green one don't work, and according to the user who solved their time icon problem, the answer is:

.fabrikForm label.btn.active.btn-danger {
background-color: red;
}
.fabrikForm label.btn.active.btn-success {
background-color: green;
}
.fabrikForm label.btn:not(.active) {
background-color: lightgray;
}

I guess I could go and edit the wiki for the yesno element, LOL!

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back