Calendar not working

Morning chaps

I have a slight issue with the calendar on a date element If I display the time icon, which i do need, the calendar and time icon don't work (Doesn't show the choices)

If I turn off the time selector then the calendar works

If you want to see what I mean, you can visit this page (will need to log in)

Login crash3903 - password demo

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Mark

Are you using any css, html optimization, compression. Try deselecting this, including gantry cache on to off. clear all cache.

And see if this helps.

Thanks for the reply - I have tried what you suggest and it makes no difference - firebug is throwing this error

TypeError: $ is not a function
./plugins/fabrik_element/date/date-min.js
Line 1
Line one

var FbDateTime=new Class({Extends:FbElement,options:{dateTimeFormat:"",calendarSetup:{eventName:"click",ifFormat:"%Y/%m/%d",daFormat:"%Y/%m/%d",
Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks for your help so far

Mark

It seems the time selector is breaking the calendar - I have added a test date field with no time selector. If it is placed after the date field with the time selector displayed it fails

If it is placed before it works so it appears when the the time selector is loaded it is breaking the date field.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks

Mark

It's probably your cookie control script taht runs JQuery without the no-conflict mode that pushes the error.
De-install it while you are developping and when everything works, put it back or try another one that is compatible.

Thanks JF - I have uninstalled it and still not working. Out of interest I have added a slider and the same happens. Fails if after the time select button and works if before

So it must be something that is interfering with the element when the time select button is activated

Thanks again for your time - I'll keep looking

Folks I have resolved this issue- It seems I had to upgrade my JQuery so I have installed and configured this plugin and now it all works fine

Thanks to anyone trying to resolve this

Regards

Glad you resolved it.

As of J! 3.x, they will be shipping jQuery as well as Mootools with J! itself. So hopefully 3rd party devs will then standardize on the J! version of JQuery, and standardize on a noConflict mode to use.

Note that we are also in the process of removing all our usage of the $() function call in our Mootools based JS code (although we have a ways to go), using document.id() instead, which will also help in avoiding conflict issues.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh - got there in the end :) - Upgrading the JQuery broke one or two other things but with a careful balancing act I managed to get everything working -

One question, Is there anything Fabrik can't do!??!!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back