Can this be done easily

Xman

I am new to Joomla and Fabrik. I need a form where a team member fills in the first half and the second half is hidden. Then the office can complete the second half with the entire form visible. The form data can only be seen by office workers and be able to search by name. To accomplish this should I use Joomla 1.0 with Fabrik 1 or can I use Joomla 1.5 with Fabrik 2 and save me the upgrade hassle later?

Thanks

You can either have 2 views for the record (one view showing the full form and the other one showing half the form {remember to also include all required key fields) or you can split your database structure into 2 different tables with a join and a 1-1 relationship (ie user record, office record).

Using Fabrik 1.x will most probably cause you no problems as it is stable.

If you really want to go for Joomla 1.5 and Fabrik 2.0 you need to be aware that database structure is likely to change when stable version is out and...So i guess it depends on how complicated your application is..

A 3rd option that i havent tried yet and just occured to me is that you could have both Joomla 1.x and 1.5 installed and display Joomla 1.x pages with Fabrik 1.x forms inside a wrapper module of Joomla 1.5. However this will be a waste in your hosting space both in terms of size and number of files hosted...

Well actually its a lot simpler than that. Assuming your team members and staff are in different J! groups, you'd just set view/edit permissions on the elements accordingly.

I'd go for 1.0.x. if you want a stable application any time soon.

-- hugh

Thanks for the quick response. I decided to go with version 1 and maybe upgrade later if needed.

Thanks again,
Xman

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back